2013/2014 Scottish Football Thread

David

Why won't that lot turn up for Aberdeen's league games?

Becuase they woudl have to sit on each others knee as its double Aberdeens capacity.

Same as any other final, casual fans come along. I work at Chesterfield and their average this year is about 6500 but have sold 15K for JPT final

Big match in the First/Championship tonight. Dundee Vs Raith, win this we go 3 clear at the top and keep the confidence going. Going in to it tonight we are 4 wins from 5 with 4 clean sheets under Hartley, leading up to crunch time when we face Falkirk and Hamilton back to back. Much would be preferred a draw at the weekend between the two, but beggars can't be choosers and all that.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, despite giving up ground at the weekend due to a last minute defeat to Killie, we're still in with something of a shout for 2nd place.

Far more exciting than the actual title race itself is the race for the 3rd, and the crowning of the "real" Scottish champions. There's basically five points between Aberdeen, ourselves and United (although if you listen to the Scottish football media you would be forgiven for thinking that we weren't actually involved in the race at all). If we can get past Inverness tonight we can claim 2nd spot for 24 hours until Aberdeen wreck Hearts.

• Paid Members
Well, despite giving up ground at the weekend due to a last minute defeat to Killie, we're still in with something of a shout for 2nd place.

Far more exciting than the actual title race itself is the race for the 3rd, and the crowning of the "real" Scottish champions. There's basically five points between Aberdeen, ourselves and United (although if you listen to the Scottish football media you would be forgiven for thinking that we weren't actually involved in the race at all). If we can get past Inverness tonight we can claim 2nd spot for 24 hours until Aberdeen wreck Hearts.

Aberdeen have a fantastic recent record against Hearts. :rolleyes:

In the last 13 meetings -

Won 1

Lost 8

Drawn 4

I doubt we'll wreck anything.

• Paid Members
Aberdeen have a fantastic recent record against Hearts. :rolleyes:

In the last 13 meetings -

Won 1

Lost 8

Drawn 4

I doubt we'll wreck anything.

I wish I had read this before sticking them on my coupon tonight and just maybe I would be that

• 2 weeks later...

People were posting on Facebook with the usual "lololol what a legend" stuff, which is complete nonsense. I don't really like Derek Adams or Ross County at all but Hamill has made himself look like a complete twat and has left his club short another senior player for the Edinburgh derby. Complete stupidity.

Hamill is from down my way originally and from speaking to people that have either known him or met him over the years, the overwhelming consensus is that he's a dick.

Never met him personally but that was a silly, silly sending off on Saturday!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Dundee promoted to the Scottish Premiership. Hamilton Accies in the playoffs after smashing Morton 10 (TEN) - 2.

Whatever happened to Morton this season? Second this time last season. Cut adrift and relegated this.

Dundee promoted to the Scottish Premiership. Hamilton Accies in the playoffs after smashing Morton 10 (TEN) - 2.

Not just them. The SFA haven't brought back the old system from 1997, but nor are they using the same one employed in the lower divisions. All I know is that it somehow involves Queen of the South hosting Falkirk in midweek.

Whatever happened to Morton this season? Second this time last season. Cut adrift and relegated this.

I have been wondering that too. Does our resident Morton fan Haraga not post here much anymore, or have I just not noticed because he hasn't played the Predictions League this season?

• Paid Members

From a quick read, it's the teams finishing 2nd, 3rd, 4th and the second bottom team in the Scottish Premiership. Some small tournament thingy. I imagine if the second bottom team wins the tournament they stay up. Any other team wins it and the second bottom team gets relegated and the winner gets promoted.

It's a very corrupt set up these playoffs.

3rd Vs 4th, over two legs.

Winner Vs 2nd over two legs.

Winner Vs SPL 11th place over 2 legs.

If that's not unfair and dodgy as fuck to you, you're a Tory...

Oh aye, CHAMPIONS!

I was watching Stranraer beat Forfar yesterday and the guy beside me had the scores coming through on his laptop... The score from the Hamilton/Morton game was just ridiculous. Automatically assumed there was a sending off but no and a missed penalty too! There is newspaper today that has the ratings for the Morton team and no-one playing less than a six. They got beat 10 (TEN) - 2. Was it really a case that Hamilton were just utterly, utterly superb?!

Archived