2013/2014 Scottish Football Thread

David

Ummm, I think it's exactly what it means. The club was incorporated into the company. Company gets liquidated......so does the incorporated club.. It's not difficult to get your head round tbh.

Problem with that is- the Oldco Rangers aren't liquidated yet!

Let's say you bought a toaster from Woolworths before they liquidated. The liquidation of Woolworths doesn't mean your toaster suddenly disappears.

This may be the stupidest, yet funniest analogy I've seen in regards to the full situation.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Problem with that is- the Oldco Rangers aren't liquidated yet!

It's not relevant. What is relevant that the CVA wasn't reached

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18441178

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...l-rejected.html

Let's say you bought a toaster from Woolworths before they liquidated. The liquidation of Woolworths doesn't mean your toaster suddenly disappears.

No, but if I try to take it back to Woolworths as it's faulty then I can't, because like the old Rangers, they're deid.

During the ongoing liquidation process (in fact, before it even began if you want to get picky), Rangers FC (the club) were sold alongside other assets to Sevco Scotland Ltd. in order to pay 'some' money to creditors.

No no no no no no no. The club couldn't get sold as it was the club that was in administration.

BBC trust made it clear

"A football club, once incorporated, is indistinguishable in Scots law from its corporate identity.

"If the club was separate it would need its own constitution, committee members, trustees, etc.

"Rangers Football Club does not have that because it is incorporated."

The club and company are not separate, they hadn't been since 1899.

Let's let Lord Nimmo Smith confirm that since you're wanting to go down the law route:

"On 14 June 2012 a newly incorporated company, Sevco Scotland Limited, purchased substantially all the business and assets of Oldco, including Rangers FC, by entering into an asset sale and purchase agreement with the joint administrators. The name of Sevco Scotland Limited was subsequently changed to The Rangers Football Club Limited. We shall refer to this company as Newco."

http://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/2012...n-17/#more-2188

The late Paul McConville explains better than I can.

Charles Green needed Rangers fans to believe it was the same club so he could do his smash and grab, and the hoards fell hook line and sinker for it.

I still see absolutely nothing in any of that that suggests that the governing bodies of the game see Rangers as they are now to be any different to the one that existed in 2012, which was my point in the first place. Just go look at the Rangers page on the SPFL website. Whether they 'do' or don't' go against Scots Law is another argument.

If the SPFL say Rangers' history is intact, then it is.

If the UEFA approved ECA say it's intact, then it is.

Rangers successfully lay claim to being 'Scotland's most successful club.'

ALL of those things are facts.

All of this tit for tat is fun. From both sides. Fantastic. Keep it up folks!

Remember everyone thought it would be great when Celtic and Rangers weren't in direct opposition for a while? People assumed the squabbling and point scoring would more or less cease to exist. It hasn't though. Now we just get involved in arguments about insolvency law as opposed to refereeing decisions.

For me new company = new club, and that's backed up by company law in the UK, which for me is the most relevant body of reference. As I said before, I'm actually fairly happy that (accoridng to the SFA and Nimmo Smith) Rangers can lay claim to all the trophies won by the old club. It means when we overtake it, and we will, it'll be all the better.

For every Bydo and Dingbat there are 10 ' We arra peepel!' and 'Where's raa money?' shouters who seem more concerned with hsitorci sex offences than their own club's, at times, shameful conduct in the present.

For every Bydo and Dingbat there are 10 ' We arra peepel!' and 'Where's raa money?' shouters who seem more concerned with hsitorci sex offences than their own club's, at times, shameful conduct in the present.

Sadly, this is very true. Our support couldn't agree on the colour of shite.

• Paid Members

Sadly, this is very true. Our support couldn't agree on the colour of shite.

Fair play to you for sticking to the debate btw and not going off course with the other subject which I see elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

The clearest indication of rangers still being the same rangers they have always been, is the obsession Celtic and Aberdeen fans now have with corporate law to try and prove they aren't. Sadly Scottish footballs degenerating further and further into supporting your club being more about hating other teams, than having real interest in the team you support yourself.

• Paid Members
The clearest indication of rangers still being the same rangers they have always been, is the obsession Celtic and Aberdeen fans now have with corporate law to try and prove they aren't. Sadly Scottish footballs degenerating further and further into supporting your club being more about hating other teams, than having real interest in the team you support yourself.

That's utter bullshit. Behave yourself.

Archived