2013/2014 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to hear. The boys are doing fantastic and was delighted to see the score. There are some of the players who must surely be catching the eye of other managers. 19 goals in 20 starts for Longworth. Couple of brilliant saves by David Mitchell who has played more than 170 games and is 23. Another solid showing from McKeown as well. Just need to keep picking up points and who knows where they could finish.

Aitken has done an amazing job and deserved his two MOTM awards.

• Paid Members

I really wish Ally McCoist would "get tae f*ck". Do any other Rangers fans feel like that? Just the way he shiftily changes tact in any interviews where his very freaking high wages are mentioned. Seems like an old-school conman when he does that.

Club legend, but he's been absolute rank rotten as a manager. Stick Lee McCulloch in or something.

To be honest I'm not arsed because he'll almost certainly get sacked when he finally gets the team to the Premiership and fails to crack the top three. That said, I'm worried that he might be unsackable - he has shares in the club. Not sure how many but I'm sure I remember reading it was a good amount.

Interestingly, I think his and Lennon's careers sort of parallel each other at the moment. Both technically succeeding due to lack of competition but should probably have done a lot better (with the exception of Celtic making the Champions League last sixteen last year, which was a genuine achievement by 'Lenny').

Anyone able to help find a list of match attendance figures for the Scottish Premiership and the Scottish Championship leagues? Wanting to make a comparison to see how many fixtures had crowds of less than 3500.

Anyone able to help find a list of match attendance figures for the Scottish Premiership and the Scottish Championship leagues? Wanting to make a comparison to see how many fixtures had crowds of less than 3500.

Sunday papers have them. Probably get them in the Sun/Record football pull outs they have as well. You can get them on the SPFL website as well. Just need to go through individual results.

Kenny Shiels has a hell of a job on his hands over here. This Saturday will be the first chance I get to see Morton in a while. He's gotten rid of a lot of deadwood, and also some players who were passengers for one reason or another, and has tried to completely revamp the side. Gary O'Connor looks certain to be in the side soon, and we've signed a defender from Wigan named Jamie McCormack.

I don't think we'll survive, and since this is the remit of Shiels, I fear he could be offski in the summer. Hopefully this doesn't happen though. He has a thankless task ahead of him and there's so much confidence missing, and too many shite players, that he'd need to overhaul the entire side to keep us up, and while he's getting close to this, we don't have the budget to be able to bring in everything we need, and could end up signing a few duds, such is the risks of the types of signings we've had to make.

EDIT: Garry O'Connor has signed.

Even Hearts fans I've seen reacting to this seem puzzled by it. The general consensus seems to be "we got what we deserved". When you have your fans wondering that about something that would benefit the club, you must stop and think to yourself "maybe this is fucking dumb" but nah.

• Paid Members
Yeah, I work with a Jambo and he feels the club just has to get on with it. Granted, it's not a great situation to be in but that seems to be what they have to deal with.

The majority of their fans do seem to have accepted their fate. I suppose the worry for some is that once they go down they might not make it right back into the top division, which is highly likely seeing as Rangers will be in their league next season.

Archived