2013/2014 Scottish Football Thread

David

I don't think I'd go that far.

Was a response to what was an idiotic comment and wasn't serious at all. This has all been blown up and it's all stupid.

We drew and played well. Yet our players get constant abuse on twitter cause of Lennon's twat-ish comment.

Hope no Ajax players are planning any tackles tonight. Wouldn't want to upset Lennon twice in a few days.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a stupid comment. Quite clearly wasn't serious. He apologised straight away for it. End off.

I doubt he'll be punished. Maybe a fine internally. Nothing else. Im sure Lennon doesn't care. Im not really sure why it's even news or brought up. Seriously couldn't care at all.

Although a suspension would probably be a boost for us, as he's pretty shit anyways.

• 2 weeks later...

The league cup is certainly taking shape. Hopefully either Aberdeen vs Hearts in the final to get 2 big teams in or Aberdeen vs Inverness so it's 2 of the top 3 teams in the country.

Sad to hear about Ricksen. Quite a characte: trampoline antics with lapdancers, setting off fireworks, shouting abuse through Alan Thompson's letter box and so on. Horrible disease and terrible to contract it at such a young age.

Fernando Ricksen has been diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease. Absolutely devastated for him, such a horrible illness.

That's awful news, despite being a footy star who has earnt lots of dosh, he's had quite the tough life with addictions sending him to Sporting Chance and what not.

I wouldnt wish MND on anyone. horrendous disease. We used to have this guy who was about the same age as Ricksen is now come in and give talks about it at school, the degeneration between each time was appalling, going from a fit man to wheelchair bound in the space of a 2 years and then the talks stopped :(

Won 2-0 tonight after playing 80 minutes with 10 men. Also we took a crowd of 2,635 on a wet Wednesday night. Overall crowd was 6,000 and something.

Great stuff! Bring on the semis!

This was one of those occasions where the opposition being reduced to ten worked against us. We had been battering you lot from the first whistle apparently, and the sending off changed your formation.

We're certainly not the side we were last season, which isn't to be expected considering the players we lost and the budget we have. I see a few seasons in the wilderness ahead! :laugh:

Fucking Hell, we were lucky to take all three points today. That 2nd half was the worst I've seen us play in some time (granted, I've not seen us live much this season), and Faddy was virtually non-existent.

Three points is three points though, I guess.

Thought he would have been better off trying to get himself a job in England, not all that much he can achieve at Hibs he couldn't at Caley although I understand the attendances are much smaller etc.

Better prospects in Europe, bigger budget, better known team. This'll for sure be his last job before going down south or to Ibrox.

• Paid Members

Suppose so just still seems a bit of a gamble when the best he could probably hope for at either club is a solid cup run/cup win and he's doing so well with ICT. I appreciate Hibs are a much bigger club though.

I think the period at Brentford sullied his opportunity of getting a decent job, after he was viewed as not necessarily good enough in the early 90's managing Coventry and Sunderland. Barnsley offered him the chance to succeed Keith Hill but he rightly turn it down, Barnsley is a poisoned chalice. It seems to me that Butcher gets it in Scotland in a way that he doesn't get it anywhere else.

Archived