2013/2014 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
STV will be showing the England vs Scotland game BTW. Sky didn't want it (?).

I don't think it's that they didn't want it, but they could only have shown it outside of England as ITV hold exclusive rights to all England games. So it's really not surprising STV picked it up.

Absolutely criminal from St Johnstone losing from the position they were in against what was clearly a weaker team.

Clearly a weaker team? I'm not so sure about that. St Johnstone aren't that strong a team themselves.

Did you watch either game?

Apologies... clearly sounded like a weaker team. St Johnstone missed a terrible amount of chances to win the tie.

I was actually asking David - generally, I agree with your assessment. St. Johnstone did miss a terrible amount of chances and should have won.

So... Celtic are now officially the most successful football club in Scotland after Rangers had to withdraw advertising claiming they were Scotland's most successful club after a ruling by the ASA.

Was it not a shinty club that celtics fans used to express a club that had won more than rangers? Fifa, uefa and sfa recognise its the same club. Just the unwashed who don't.

Bah! Who gives a fuck anymore. All extremely tedious.

Gutted St Johnstone went out. Celtic should make it through their tie no problem though.

Does anyone think if Celtic make the groups, don't sign anyone else a bad run of injuries they could be challenged in the league? Probably not but it certainly seems more feasible this year than any other. If I was an Aberdeen or Motherwell I just don't think there'd be the same fear factor about facing the current squad as there may have been in recent years.

Bah! Who gives a fuck anymore. All extremely tedious.

Gutted St Johnstone went out. Celtic should make it through their tie no problem though.

Does anyone think if Celtic make the groups, don't sign anyone else a bad run of injuries they could be challenged in the league? Probably not but it certainly seems more feasible this year than any other. If I was an Aberdeen or Motherwell I just don't think there'd be the same fear factor about facing the current squad as there may have been in recent years.

When Celtic need to win in the SPL, they win. They're just poor at times because they know the league is won, Celtic will win the next 2-4 leagues, possibly more, without any real challenge.

Did you watch either game?

Apologies... clearly sounded like a weaker team. St Johnstone missed a terrible amount of chances to win the tie.

I was actually asking David - generally, I agree with your assessment. St. Johnstone did miss a terrible amount of chances and should have won.

I also listened to the game on and off, and whilst St Johnstone created some good chances, it certainly didn't sound like they were playing a "clearly weaker team" though.

I'd go as far as saying both of them were quite evenly matched to be honest, which is probably why the tie went right down to the wire.

So... Celtic are now officially the most successful football club in Scotland after Rangers had to withdraw advertising claiming they were Scotland's most successful club after a ruling by the ASA.

Was it not a shinty club that celtics fans used to express a club that had won more than rangers? Fifa, uefa and sfa recognise its the same club. Just the unwashed who don't.

Rangers were the most successful club. Sevco have won a division. 3...2...1... melt down.

Archived