2013/2014 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Paid Members
This as as good a chance for your lot to gain some ground on us as the 2nd force in the SPL, eh Martin? We're definitely heading into this season short on talent.

On the face of it most other teams have been weakened....

Hibs have lost their best player and only goal threat.

Hearts :laugh:

Dundee United have lost Daly and Russell.

Motherwell are signing Stephen Macmanus

Anything other than 2nd (or at the VERY worst 3rd) place this season is unacceptable.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This as as good a chance for your lot to gain some ground on us as the 2nd force in the SPL, eh Martin? We're definitely heading into this season short on talent.

Anything other than 2nd (or at the VERY worst 3rd) place this season is unacceptable.

Hibs have signed Rowan Vine, who is in fact a world-beater.

I shouldn't laugh as we've (St. Johnstone) only gone and signed Rory Fallon to replace him.

• Paid Members

Hibs have signed Rowan Vine, who is in fact a world-beater.

I shouldn't laugh as we've (St. Johnstone) only gone and signed Rory Fallon to replace him.

Any more news on Stephen Hughes? I like how you have signed two of our worst players ever, this summer and may be about to add a third! :laugh:

• Paid Members

You should talk it up like we did when we signed him. For example...

Oh great - We've signed World Cup star Rory Fallon. What a positive move by the club

:thumbsup:

Huge result. Couldn't believe it when I checked the score at half time. Spent the second half frantically refreshing the BBC live scores page. It's not going to be easy but we've given ourselves a cracking chance of progressing. I was 50/50 on going to the second leg as it's

• Paid Members

Urgh...

The Scottish Professional Football League has revealed the names of its league competitions.

The new body was set up following the merger of the Scottish Premier League and the Scottish Football League .

The new top-flight will be called the Scottish Premiership, with the old First Division renamed the Scottish Championship.

Divisions Two and Three will now be known as Scottish League One and Scottish League Two.

"A mountain of work has been done over the summer to get to this point and I believe there is much more that can be done," said SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster.

"The new league set-up reflects very much the recommendations Henry McLeish made in his report for the future of Scottish football."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23435136

I like the new SPFL logo though...

_68920970_spfl_624.jpg

Urgh...

The Scottish Professional Football League has revealed the names of its league competitions.

The new body was set up following the merger of the Scottish Premier League and the Scottish Football League .

The new top-flight will be called the Scottish Premiership, with the old First Division renamed the Scottish Championship.

Divisions Two and Three will now be known as Scottish League One and Scottish League Two.

"A mountain of work has been done over the summer to get to this point and I believe there is much more that can be done," said SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster.

"The new league set-up reflects very much the recommendations Henry McLeish made in his report for the future of Scottish football."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23435136

I like the new SPFL logo though...

_68920970_spfl_624.jpg

So they've basically copied the English Football League branding then? So much for wanting to be independant

Aye, the logo is not too bad. The structuring is daft though. The Premier League and Football League down south are separate so it makes a bit of sense. Not up here though with everyone under the same banner. Why not just Division 1-4 rather than League Two for Scotland's fourth tier?

I think (they'd argue) it's about perception. The higher a division is perceived to be, the greater its public value. Allegedly.

Went to see Sheffield Wednesday vs. Rangers tonight. Wednesday were clearly the better team but Rangers will walk the Second Division. Nicky Law looked pretty tasty and I could see Nicky Clark doing alright against lower-league defences. The new centre back Mohsni was good in the 20mins he had and should've scored an absolute sitter to make it a draw. Steven Smith is no better than when he was last at Rangers though.

• Paid Members
Yeah, Steven Smith has got to be about done with all those injuries that he's had over the few years.

He was terrible when he briefly played for us, of course that could just be the Pittodrie curse - where decent players turn to shit as soon as they put on a red jersey.

Archived