2013/2014 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It really is just beyond a joke now to be honest. Fuck this.

The problem is, there won't be any real change as long as the majority of Rangers fans continue digging into their pockets. Guys like Craig Whyte and Charles Green are in it for the money.

Until the Rangers fans stop providing cash to the club this nonsense will never end, simple as that.

Thing is, there really seems to be no way to stop them. For everyone who does stop - I was planning to go to the Newcastle Utd friendly tonight but will in no way be doing so now, nor do I intend to visit Ibrox any time until this is sorted out properly - there will always be someone to replace them. It hasn't helped that club legends such as McCoist and Smith were being dragged in essentially to say 'yeah, support this, it's all fine and dandy' and yet are now either gone or seemingly on the brink. If they felt that strongly about the club, they should refuse to be involved with this merry-go-round of bullshit.

Incidentally, I've heard nothing about the supposed "fan's share issue" Charles was croaking about around this time last year. That can't be a coincidence.

• Paid Members

According to the newspapers, a lot of the fans want McCoist out now. Who would have thought it? "Worst Rangers manager ever".

Neil Warnock was on Talksport this morning supposedly praising the Rangers youth team too. "Best U13s I've ever seen".

I'm in the supporters club but gave up my ticket due to needing to keep holidays and money for my wedding next year. A bit gutted. Hopefully we have a repeat of the Croatia result.

More importantly though do people think St Johnstone and Celtic will make it through to the play off rounds?

St Johnstone have been such a pleasant surprise. I'd grown use to seeing any Scottish team that aren't celtic getting gubbed at the first opportunity in Europe.

• Paid Members
More importantly though do people think St Johnstone and Celtic will make it through to the play off rounds?

St Johnstone have been such a pleasant surprise. I'd grown use to seeing any Scottish team that aren't celtic getting gubbed at the first opportunity in Europe.

I think St Johnstone will. Hopefully this will encourage the people of Perth to actually come out and support their team a bit more often.

Had it not been for the 4000-ish Hearts fans on Sunday then Mcdiarmid Park would have been empty.

Archived