2013/2014 Scottish Football Thread

David

Of course. What's the point of football if it doesn't? It's all about your team doing the best that they can and you taking enjoyment from that. Might be juniors, amateur, Scottish League 2 (still can't get used to it), SPFL but ultimately all teams go onto the pitch to win and are measured against that. Might well be boring though.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Of course. What's the point of football if it doesn't? It's all about your team doing the best that they can and you taking enjoyment from that. Might be juniors, amateur, Scottish League 2 (still can't get used to it), SPFL but ultimately all teams go onto the pitch to win and are measured against that. Might well be boring though.

2nd most Successfull club! :p

Still not to add to that for the next two decades as our slump continues to be as long as Hibs' quest for the Scottish Cup!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ikechi-Anya-2246816_zps459e08e3.jpg

WHEEEEEY!!!!

You know the difference I found? Not only did Scotland play some of the best attacking football I've seen them play in years during that first half, they also didn't let their heads go down even when faced with another frustrating comeback against similar level opposition. Under Levein, the team would have at best held for a draw and at worst folded for a 2-1 loss. I'm no massive subscriber to the MANAGER CHANGE = GOOD THINGS mantra that seems to be held in football these days, but Strachan at least seems to have the squad believing they are good enough to win games again. Plus I'll take Anya over James Forrest any day.

We'd have won by more if we'd had a proper striker up front instead of Naismith, who I'll admit did his best given that he hasn't played as a lone forward in years. I reckon when Stevie Fletcher is back against Croatia, we'll be even better. Not getting carried away but it's just nice to have a bit of optimism for the first time in many moons.

Anya was taking a large amount of racist stick from the Macedonia fans. Hope UEFA have a look at that.

It's like some of these idiot countries have never seen a black man before.

Yeah, I noticed that. It did die off though once he started tearing their wing back apart, didn't it?

• Paid Members
Anya was taking a large amount of racist stick from the Macedonia fans. Hope UEFA have a look at that.

It's like some of these idiot countries have never seen a black man before.

Yeah, I noticed that. It did die off though once he started tearing their wing back apart, didn't it?

Definately did die away when the wee Macedonian had his arse handed to him.

Good to see Anya do it for Scotland. That guy's been up and down the footballing system, perservered and has finally got recognition for his hard work. Even if it's just a one-off, at least he'll always have Macedonia.

I have a feeling we'll be seeing more of him in a Scotland shirt.

Although our current u21s are pish apparently our u16s have managed to beat Italy 3-1. All scottish based players as well apart from 1 from Arsenal and 1 at Dusseldorf. Sounds like the Wotte might be beginning to pay off.

Also this is an interesting piece on Wotte's innovations. Sounds promising!

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/opinio...-hence.22106583

Archived