2013/2014 Scottish Football Thread

David

Christ, this thread has died a death since Rangers went to the wall, hasn't it?

I don't even think it's that, there has simply been fuck all to discuss other than The Rangers and to be honest, I think everyone is bored of discussing that story.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got a mate who is a Hibs fan and it is a really strange one with Fenlon. On one hand, he has reached two cup finals but won neither. On one hand, Hibs have been pretty poor in the league. On one hand, he had to replace the dross that he inherited at the club but then he signed dross like Tom Soares, Matt Docherty, Phil Airey, Matt Done. You look at their form and it was something like one defeat in six or seven games. Then on the other hand it was something like one win at Easter Road all season.

Decidedly mixed bag.

How's Pat Fenlon doing at Hibs? Always interested to see how ex LOI/Derry City personnel are getting on.

Humiliated several times but yet managed to get to two cup finals. Had a shambles of a second half of last season after a brilliant start and looked to be having a poor start to this season but now won 3 in 4. Absolute roller-coaster Hibs have had under Fenlon. When they're doing well, they seem to do really well but when they're in poor form, they're that bad that he gets talked about for the sack.

It has been a pretty mixed bag for us with Fenlon. Probably our 3 most important games since he's been in charge we've been absolutely played off the park and humiliated. Obviously after the Malmo hammering and then losing to poor Motherwell and Hearts sides he had tonnes of pressure on him and I think every Hibs fan wanted him out, including me.

He has seemed to have turned it around recently. Theres still some doubters and some of his decisions are baffling and although we're still playing dreadful football (some not so bad, but in small doses) but we're somehow grinding out results, especially away from home. Last Monday being the perfect example of that. If Partick had a decent striker they would have put about 3/4 past us. But somehow we committed robbery and came away with a 1-0 win.

He has made some terrible signings in the past. But think he's got it quite right this season. Think Craig, Heffernan and Collins in particularly will be huge signings. Already scoring and paying off. Just a shame we couldn't get Claros and Griffiths back. I think things would be definitely better if we had those two again this season.

Also, Griffiths in particular has lots of praise for Fenlon. He seemed to be the guy who got Griffiths back on track. So theres some positives there.

We played much better today. Although Fenlon's late decision on whether to take McGivern off may have cost us a win against Celtic. Although still a good performance and a great defensive one.

The decision for the offside was an absolute howler. It wasn't even close. Proves my point though when I go mental at some Celtic players for not playing to the whistle. Forrest's goal was a world class finish.

Yeah. I think there was one pretty late tackle by McGivern which he was rightfully booked for. Other than that there was nothing.

Guys just a twat and Kayal was an embarrassment at times.

I do find it quite laughable too, since we've had a reputation for years (especially within our on support) of being a real soft touch.

Archived