2013/2014 Scottish Football Thread

David

Kenny Shiels has been appointed as the Morton manager. He's a fud for sure, but I think he'll be a good appointment. I think he's more likely to replace our shitehawks with younger players we're bringing through. They might be shitehawks too, but at least there needs to be an effort made now to change things.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2...gade-supporters

An article in the Guardian about The Green Brigade. Personally, I think Celtic have shown an excellent proactive approach to a minority who believe they are more important than they are. They may have brought an atmosphere to Celtic home games but they overstepped the mark.

Bear in mind, this is the opinion of someone who isn't a Celtic fan, or a fan of any Scottish club. How are TBG perceived in Scotland?

An article in the Guardian about The Green Brigade. Personally, I think Celtic have shown an excellent proactive approach to a minority who believe they are more important than they are. They may have brought an atmosphere to Celtic home games but they overstepped the mark.

Bear in mind, this is the opinion of someone who isn't a Celtic fan, or a fan of any Scottish club. How are TBG perceived in Scotland?

I liked them when they were at Cappielow. Always moving, didn't cause bother and were in general welcome. It's clear that they can be a hinderance though and I feel Celtic are doing the right thing.

As a Celtic fan, their sense of entitlement does my fucking nut. They do a lot of great things but the bad things they do just cause me to hate them in all honesty.

• Paid Members

As a Celtic fan, their sense of entitlement does my fucking nut. They do a lot of great things but the bad things they do just cause me to hate them in all honesty.

Other than creating an atmosphere what "great things" do they do?

Other than creating an atmosphere what "great things" do they do?

To be fair the great things they've done can all be classed under "atmosphere" but it has been much more than that. They've brought the club a large amount of money through that atmosphere with all the "Come On You Bhoys in Green" and "Just Can't Get Enough" merchandise as well as the merchandise from the full stadium display against Barcelona that they arranged and raised money to pay for. They've also been massively involved in the Fans Against Criminalisation campaign.

Unfortunately, the "fame", so to speak, went to their heads and they started thinking they were bigger than the club in my opinion. Putting the SPL trophy in front of them as if to gift it to them was probably Neil Lennon's biggest mistake as that's when they suddenly decided they were "better" fans and thought they could run the place.

http://news.stv.tv/west-central/257443-ran...eneral-meeting/

Just as good as Bomber Brown's "Title Deeds" and "Stumbling Box" episode!

WHERZAMONAY? :laugh:

The video is hilarious. I love how The Board stand to attention and soak in the boos like a bunch of wrestling heels. Why did they have the fucking AGM outside in the middle of December? There were on and off torrents of hailstones in Glasgow today.

• Paid Members
I bet the guy shouting WHEREZAMONEY is Tommyboi in a last desperate attempt to get his money back from the nWo show.

Good stuff!

I'll assume they held the AGM indoors. Anything else would be total madness in December.

EDIT: It was held outdoors. Jeezo.

Absolutely delighted for Stranraer yesterday. Worked closely with most of the squad for the last six years and some really nice, genuine guys in the team and behind the scenes. A rather soft penalty for Rangers but Stranraer scoring late on was superb. 19 goals in 20 starts for Jamie Longworth and with a tiny squad (they could not fill a bench yesterday) they are doing wonders.

Haraga: Do you think Stevie Aitken would be a decent shot for the Morton job in the future? Obviously, all hypothetical, but he is doing a brilliant job just now.

Archived