2013/2014 Scottish Football Thread

David

The clearest indication of rangers still being the same rangers they have always been, is the obsession Celtic and Aberdeen fans now have with corporate law to try and prove they aren't. Sadly Scottish footballs degenerating further and further into supporting your club being more about hating other teams, than having real interest in the team you support yourself.

Could you not just have left the debate over rather than adding a massive amount of bullshit to it?

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morton looked doomed at the minute. Cowdenbeath seem to have been woken up by the fact that we're winning points and have now stretched the gap by a further four points in the last two weeks. Kane Hemmings is some find for them, it has to be said.

Relegation looks likely. The one positive to take from that is that major changes and cuts have to be made behind the scenes and this could well force the issue. If we are to stay up, I feel that everyone will think things are fine because Hearts and Rangers are there, but with one or two of them bound to be heading back up, it'd be a temporary band aid on a bigger issue. Don't get me wrong though, I really do want to be in that division, because a trip to Tynecastle is one I've been wanting to make for a long time and just not had the opportunity to do so far.

Morton looked doomed at the minute. Cowdenbeath seem to have been woken up by the fact that we're winning points and have now stretched the gap by a further four points in the last two weeks. Kane Hemmings is some find for them, it has to be said.

This strikes me as absolutely mental and whilst it's clearly happening I honestly don't know how. I only saw Kane Hemmings play for Rangers a couple of times and he was just shite. No accuracy and failed to put himself about utterly. Now he's up in the Championship and banging 'em in in what is (theoretically) not as strong a team! Mad shit.

• Paid Members

Sensational performance by Aberdeen today against Celtic. Russell Anderson was immense yet again.

Neil Lennon doesn't seem to know how to cope when his side comes up against a well-motivated team that can actually pass the ball.

Sensational performance by Aberdeen today against Celtic. Russell Anderson was immense yet again.

Neil Lennon doesn't seem to know how to cope when his side comes up against a well-motivated team that can actually pass the ball.

His record in cups is astonishingly bad. The worst Morton team in about 15 years managed to pap them out of the League Cup. That should have set the alarm bells ringing.

Great result for Aberdeen, what a week they've had. No reason why they shouldn't get the cup double now. Plenty of lower league teams left in the draw now. Bookies look to have them as slight favourites ahead of Rangers for the cup. Certainly makes it open and exciting.

If Rangers get a good draw though in the quarters then with a home draw in the semi there's no reason why they couldn't make it into the final. An Aberdeen vs Rangers final at Celtic Park would be tremendous final. So hopefully we don't get Inverness vs Raith.

Edit:

Raith Rovers v St Johnstone

Aberdeen v Dumbarton

Stranraer/Inverness CT v Dundee United

Rangers v Albion Rovers

A Rangers vs Aberdeen final looking slightly more possible. Potentially strong semi finals comprised of St Johnstone , Aberdeen, Rangers and Utd/ICT.

Morton 1-1 Cowdenbeath

A performance and result which just puts another nail in the relegation coffin. Some of what was going on was close to being unbelievable. Jamie McCormack, Scott Taggart and Barrie McKay stood out with their shiteness. Imrie below them, but his attempt to kick his own arse into gear was at least heartening to a point. Gary O'Connor picked up a knock and after that it was useless, but he had a cracking game before that too. Darren Cole had another impressive game and Stuart Findlay settled into things after a dodgy first 15 minutes.

Rowan Vine was off the pace a bit, but showed glimpses. Archie Campbell was excellent when he came on. Kenny Shiels has tried to get us playing like Barcelona, and with the players we have, it's useless. We night some fucking fight!

Queen of The South 0-1 Dundee

The night and day difference between us under Brown and Hartley continues. Another clean sheet, another performance where we outplayed the opponents, another passing style of play, and another deserved 3 points.

We started out slower than last week, with the idea being to go for the 90 compared to last weeks hot start. It's easy to see why Queens were on a nice little run, they play some good passing football and play with some pace, but we managed to stop any of that pace mattering by playing a high line which limited their full back options. Boyle got his 3rd man sent off in the last 2 games, and his pace was again crucuial in us getting the win against the leagues form side.

With us playing Cowden next week, and Falkirk playing Livi and Hamilton Vs Queens, it's looking possible that we can stretch 4 points out to 6 hopefully.

I said last night on one of our forums that we won the league yesterday, and I stand by that. Beating the form team, away from home, at our bogey ground and doing it cleanly shows that we are a different team to Dundee teams of past failed promotion attempts. We now have a style of play that has united the fans and works in the pitch.

Ole, ole, ole, ole, Hartley, Hartley.

• Paid Members

Scotland squad for the friendly against Poland in March :

Goalkeepers: Matt Gilks (Blackpool), David Marshall (Cardiff City), Allan McGregor (Hull City)

Defenders: Phil Bardsley (Sunderland), Christophe Berra (Ipswich Town), Gordon Greer (Brighton and Hove Albion), Grant Hanley (Blackburn Rovers), Alan Hutton (Aston Villa), Russell Martin (Norwich City), Andrew Robertson (Dundee United), Steven Whittaker (Norwich City)

Midfielders: Charlie Adam (Stoke City), Ikechi Anya (Watford), Barry Bannan (Crystal Palace), Scott Brown (Celtic), Chris Burke (Birmingham City), Darren Fletcher (Manchester United), James Forrest (Celtic), James Morrison (West Bromwich Albion), Charlie Mulgrew (Celtic), Robert Snodgrass (Norwich City)

Forwards: Steven Fletcher (Sunderland), Ross McCormack (Leeds United), Steven Naismith (Everton)

33 year old 2-cap wonder Gordon Greer?

Just the sort of person to be bringing into the international fold when you are supposed to be building a squad with one eye on European Championship qualification.

Archived