2013/2014 Scottish Football Thread

David

Greer would be my one real complaint in terms of who has been included, I think. At the other end of the pitch, I think most people could make cases for Stevie May or Kris Boyd to be included though. The thing is, I imagine we will be playing one up front, so there is not much point in taking five strikers to do that.

It will be interesting to see who comes in for those who inevitably pull out...

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

A question: purely from a neutral point of view, if Rangers did finally fold and there was no replacement, what would the Rangers fans here do? Transfer their support to another club, stop watching football altogether, or maybe just stick to watching international games?

• Paid Members
Rangers fans historically been Chelsea daft, also seem to recall them having a love affair with Leeds.

What's that all about, then? Any particular historical links?

I always thought they might be partial to Everton, with Walter Smith, Duncan Ferguson, Ian Durrant and whatnot.

• Paid Members
Rangers fans historically been Chelsea daft, also seem to recall them having a love affair with Leeds.

I always thought they might be partial to Everton, with Walter Smith, Duncan Ferguson, Ian Durrant and whatnot.

It's partly that the support had links with the old Chelsea Headhunters.

You'd think Rangers would want nothing to do with Chelsea fans. I mean, whenever the old Rangers had crowd trouble on European nights, it was always the Chelsea fans causing it, right?

• Paid Members

You'd think Rangers would want nothing to do with Chelsea fans. I mean, whenever the old Rangers had crowd trouble on European nights, it was always the Chelsea fans causing it, right?

Yep, those naughty Chelsea hooligans really tarnished the good name of Rangers fans worldwide by popping into Sports Direct and buying the 1995 Rangers away kit then going a rampage in Manchester. :thumbsup:

We hear a lot of people banging on about how Ranger's don't have any bank debt and how this is a good thing. In this case it isn't though because the reason they don't have any bank debt is that no bank will give them a line of credit. For that to be the case with a company that should have the capacity to generate such a large amount of revenue is very revealing. rangers have virtually no security because they're sinking further and further into a financial abyss and are having to go cap in hand to current investors to secure the funds required just to see the end of the month.

• Paid Members

Nothing really. Probably only started in the middle 80s when hooliganism was rife and the two rival mobs joined up.

Frank Lampard used to chime in by saying he'd love to play for Rangers one day. Aye right, as if that's going to happen. Used to play each other quite often at Ibrox in pre-season too and have a big old bigot sing-song.

ADDED: Have Chelsea got any links with the British Army? I think that might be the reason the two teams tagged up.

Archived