2013/2014 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Albionnnnnnnnnn! Fuck you rangers fans. Took a foul to earn a draw against one of the smallest teams in the league at Ibrox.

Yes they will lose the replay in all probability but the wee Rovers were brilliant today

• Paid Members

Never a foul. Come on now. More like the Rovers goalkeeper was fouling Mohsni.

Absolutely abject performance. Was McCoist drunk on the sidelines? He looked absolutely wasted. Durrant was nearly holding him up.

The thing I noticed most people saying was "9 times out of 10, the ref gives a foul there". Very few actually said it WAS a foul and I don't think it was either. If Parry punches the ball away instead of going for a clean catch, there isn't a goal. Furthermore I'm still not convinced Mohsni touched it.

Rangers were shocking though. Shooting from stupid places, failing to pass when it would have been a better option, generally being selfish except for the obvious tactic which was 'lump it up to Daly'. Horrific stuff, and it's mad to think that they can now play Airdrie on Wednesday and win the league outright.

Foul for me for two reasons. Firstly, no contact with the 'keeper is allowed after he's left the ground. Secondly, leading with your arm is also a foul. I think there's more than enough of at least one of those to justify giving a foul. In fairness I think the assistant has a better view although he probably doesn't think his view is that much better than the ref and doesn't get involved because of that.

Never a foul. Come on now. More like the Rovers goalkeeper was fouling Mohsni.

Absolutely abject performance. Was McCoist drunk on the sidelines? He looked absolutely wasted. Durrant was nearly holding him up.

Not buying that at all.

Parry was stood waiting for the ball, Mosh(n)i monster was coming in and moving. Parry jumps so is off the ground and Moshi jumps into him, doesnt even seem to contact the ball with his head and you think that is the keepers fault?

no contact allowed with keeper once feet have left the ground is the rule isnt it? - i may not agree with the rule as i think all physicality has gone out of the game now (and im a keeper myself) but like Nevin said after, if that had happened at the other end would it have stood. Yes Parry could have punched it in hindsight but im not going to criticise any Rovers player after that performance, to go to Ibrox and nearly beat Rangers despite 33 shots by them is good enough for me (and the pull back in the 6 yd box to deny Law was quality)

McCoist did look wasted I agree and a poor crowd i thought.

Coming back to the other games this weekend, was John Hughes pissed as well? Watched the highlights and have to say I though Collum got all 3 of the big decision bang on. Definite penalty and the red cards were fine as well. The first one I can't see how they were upset at all, it's a shocking challenge. The second one I can kinda understand why they might think that's not a red because he gets the ball. That's irrelevant though, and for me the guys left the ground and is definitiely not considering the safety of the othe rplayer which is the criteria by which Collum has gone when issuing the red. It's what I'd call an orange card to be honest because it does hover between a red and a yellow and they might even get it overturned on appeal, not the first one though because that is a red all day long.

• Paid Members

So, Aberdeen beat Caley Thistle in the League Cup Final yesterday. First trophy they've won since they won the same cup in 1995. Amazing turnout Aberdeen brought too. Supposedly 40,000 Aberdeen fans were there. Great stuff.

• Paid Members
So, Aberdeen beat Caley Thistle in the League Cup Final yesterday. First trophy they've won since they won the same cup in 1995. Amazing turnout Aberdeen brought too. Supposedly 40,000 Aberdeen fans were there. Great stuff.

42,000 Aberdeen fans all in apparently.

1146552_682346341808877_1363830223_n.jpg

:cool:

• Paid Members
Why won't that lot turn up for Aberdeen's league games?

God only knows.

There was 4 times the average home attendance there yesterday.

I don't have a problem with it to be honest - but hopefully more than a few of the stay-away fans come back now.

For the same reason that the 200k Celtic fans from Seville or the 500k Rangers fans from Manchester don't attend league games I guess?

Becuase they woudl have to sit on each others knee as its double Aberdeens capacity.

Same as any other final, casual fans come along. I work at Chesterfield and their average this year is about 6500 but have sold 15K for JPT final

Archived