2013/2014 Scottish Football Thread

David

People seem to be suggesting the Championship will be better than the Premier next season. It's the second tier for a reason. Hibs are absolutely shite, and Hearts over the course were only a wee bit less so. The top league will remain just that.

Great to see Hibs go down and went down in the way they deserved. In front of a big crowd and bottling it. Which is a norm for that lot.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Couldn't agree more with the above.

The Hibs statement is spectacular

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140525...2262950_3856324

In particular -

Supporters have turned up in numbers to support the team - 16,108 against Malmo and 18,031 here for the second leg of the play off match. Supporters are suffering. All we can do is apologise and thank them for backing the team.

"Thanks for coming along to watch us get humped...see you next season....mugs"

• Paid Members

One of them (Hibs, Hearts, Rangers) will have two seasons in the Scottish Championship. You got to think Hibs are looking at a spell in that league, as they were the only team that was relegated really for their shitness. McCoist will get found out next season, so I think Rangers might find it tough.

Killie better watch themselves next season.

Seriously wouldn't surprise me if suddenly THREE promotion berths open up now. Corrupt to the core.

• Paid Members
It's fantastic being a supporter of the third biggest club in the SPFL Premiership 2014/15...

That a new club? Never heard of "Unde FC".

EDIT: Serves me right for trying to be a smart-arse. Thought the pic was in the post, not the sig. Dang.

Disappointed to hear about Hearts. They were one of the few clubs I used to keep an ear out for and watch games where possible, back when I gave enough of a fuck about football.

Meh, they overspent for years chasing success they couldn't afford and have now wound up fucked because of it. Sympathy is limited.

The same could happen to Morton of course, but I won't be expecting any sympathy if things do go tits up here. Making increasing losses every year and about 2 million quid in debt, yet our chairman still decides we're a full time outfit, with a reduced crowd thanks to him being a complete prick of the highest order who drives fans away with every decision and statement he makes.

• Paid Members
As a fan of the 2nd best team in Scotland all of this relegation talk and suchlike really has no effect on me at all :smug:

Much like yourself I'm sure, I am far too busy looking out my passport.

• Paid Members
Meh, they overspent for years chasing success they couldn't afford and have now wound up fucked because of it. Sympathy is limited.

The same could happen to Morton of course, but I won't be expecting any sympathy if things do go tits up here. Making increasing losses every year and about 2 million quid in debt, yet our chairman still decides we're a full time outfit, with a reduced crowd thanks to him being a complete prick of the highest order who drives fans away with every decision and statement he makes.

It's a shame Morton are going to miss out on the money from Hearts, Hibs and Rangers.

Just imagine the Millions that Douglas Rae could have made with that money.

(Sorry)

• Paid Members

Oh, I don't doubt it. A big portion of my disappointment is down to this mismanagement. But then the whole financial thing is a huge factor in why I quit watching.

I used to like Hearts because they seemed to be the only club outside the Old Firm, post-Aberdeen, to perennially cause them trouble (even if they weren't realistically able to challenge for the title). Also, they have probably the coolest name of any club in the British Isles, and the coolest stadium name too.

It's a shame Morton are going to miss out on the money from Hearts, Hibs and Rangers.

(Sorry)

That would have acted more as a band aid than anything else. Might even have caused even more damage, making Rae think we have more money than we actually do.

Disappointed at missing the Tynecaste away day though. Was at Easter Road for the shootout with Hibs and Killie so I can tick that one off. Have zero intention of going back to Ibrox either.

(Sorry)

Don't worry, I got the joke

Archived