2013/2014 Scottish Football Thread

David

Dunfermline getting a good bit of business done early doors. That's always a good sign for a team pushing for promotion.

Stephen Aitken did a good job at Stranraer last season. Would be nice to see him do well again. Not at Morton's expense of course. Ayr seem to be doing pretty badly very early doors though. Key players out.

Dunfermline are also linked with Archie Campbell who would be a massive loss for Morton at this level. Bags of pace and should score goals for fun.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. Mark Roberts is going to have pull something out of the hat in terms of strikers, if nothing else. Malcolm - gone; Moffat - gone; Kyle - gone. John Gemmell who would have scored some goals has gone back to Albion Rovers. Sean Higgins is one name but you wonder where they are going to get not just one but a couple of decent strikers. I could be completely wrong but it seems that way just now.

Morton are going to have to rebuild as well. Big changes there and a managerial appointment that is 'solid' rather than inspiring. Duffy knows this neck of the woods though, so who knows?

One of the big things for Stranraer could be guys in midfield. Chris Aitken ended the season injured and is apparently going to have to prove his fitness, which does not sound reassuring. Andy Stirling is yet to sign but hopefully if Stephen Stirling can get a full pre-season under his belt he can get back to where he was. Similarly, if Grehan and Docherty re-sign that would be a massive boost.

He really seems like a bad appointment. No better than Lennon, IMO. Of course he'll win the league but why go for him when there's so many proven better managers out there without compensation to pay out? Malky Mackay, David Moyes, Michael Laudrup... the list goes on. Why go for Keane?

Moyes and Laudrup surely wouldn't be interested in Celtic though would they?and I'd hazard a guess that the club don't think Mackay is a big enough name to create a bit of interest.Personally don't think Keane is the right man for the job as he is just far too unpredictable personality wise,and he won't have money to splash about like he seems to like doing.

He really seems like a bad appointment. No better than Lennon, IMO. Of course he'll win the league but why go for him when there's so many proven better managers out there without compensation to pay out? Malky Mackay, David Moyes, Michael Laudrup... the list goes on. Why go for Keane?

One of our owners buddies.

• Paid Members

Welcome to Celtic, Ronny Deila.

Bit of a surprise appointment and I don't think there will be many supporters that have ever heard of him. Seems the Celtic board are playing it cautiously as he's on a 12 month rolling contract, not that he won't at least win the league. Despite never having heard of him before I'm still pretty happy with the decision, other than Malky Mackay I didn't want to see any of the other names that were floating about get the job.

Never mind celtic, has anyone else noticed how efficiently Motherwell have went about their business this summer? Aside from Lionel Ainsworth we've got our business pretty much done & dusted already!

People constantly go on about supposed corruption at the SFA and SPFL but yesterday there was the clearest case of corruption, underhanded dealing and unconstitutional conduct I've ever heard of at the Scottish Amateur FA AGM in Motherwell. Following on from it amateur football in this country is now fucked and, without a major overhaul, is looking at a very bleak future.

People constantly go on about supposed corruption at the SFA and SPFL but yesterday there was the clearest case of corruption, underhanded dealing and unconstitutional conduct I've ever heard of at the Scottish Amateur FA AGM in Motherwell. Following on from it amateur football in this country is now fucked and, without a major overhaul, is looking at a very bleak future.

What happened?

Basically two progressive, forward thinking guys removed from post and another guy, whose proposals will kill the amateur game, walking in to a post without a vote for these positions being held. From the reports of people who were there it seems that this pre-planned and despite being entirely out of line with the constitution it was allowed to stand.

Archived