Jump to content

Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)


Recommended Posts

Posted

I say that coyly, like I don't know but she definitely was. Arse only, like, but yeah, she was in the nip.

 

I think the papers did have a bit of go at it, but she was 18 at the time of the leak and there wasn't much of an angle from there. Not with the news obsessed with how much muck there was on Jennifer Lawrence.

Posted

Weren't half of them fakes? They looked fake. Who the fuck was hacking the not Ariana Grande one from Sam and Cat if they weren't fakes.

 

Anyway, stop objectifying girls you pigs.

Posted (edited)

To be fair, Sansa isn't the one for me. Don't get it at all.

 

Queen Margaery, that's a real woman.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz
Posted

And what a poor season Queen Margaery has had, we have barely seen her. She definitely has a trick up her sleeve.

 

I was convinced the High Sparrow would meet a grisly end next week but the more I think of it the more I see him becoming the pantomime villain now that Bolton is gone so I'm thinking not only does he survive next week he also continues winning.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Cersei to die or at least be sentenced to death. Jaime full face turn as a result, you heard it here first. Overdue too, I don't think he suits this tweener role, much better when he's one side or the other.

Posted

Jaime has been teasing a face turn for years but that scene a couple of eps back where he said he would do anything for Cersei rolled back the clock big time.

 

To me he's the ultimate GOT character because he is the embodiment of everything GOT is about; breaking down stereotypes found in fantasy. He's a character whose fate I can't work out, I can't even hazard a guess, I literally have no idea where he fits into any ending I come up with. If I had to make a prediction I'm saying he's a shock death towards the end, literally in the last 5 episodes to serve as a reminder that 'nobody is safe'

Posted

Only just seen this weeks episode, and good lord. That was some great special effects on the dragons, as well as the battle being absolutely insane! One of the best battle sequences I've seen in some time, even in some movies, which is nuts. What was the budget on this?

  • Paid Members
Posted

Jaime has been teasing a face turn for years but that scene a couple of eps back where he said he would do anything for Cersei rolled back the clock big time.

'

I took that scene as him playing the bad guy rather than being one in order to scare the shit out of Blackfish's nephew to get him to open the castle gates.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Only just seen this weeks episode, and good lord. That was some great special effects on the dragons, as well as the battle being absolutely insane! One of the best battle sequences I've seen in some time, even in some movies, which is nuts. What was the budget on this?

 

Reportedly $100 million for the season, but likely a disproportionate amount went on this episode.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Yeah he's been the most all over the place character that's for sure, I have no doubt it's intentional either. Started the show as the main antagonist, lost his hand and went face and now he's back with Cersei he's tweening it up. I believed what he was saying to Edmure, his commitment to Cersei is the only thing that's remained constant with him so I definitely bought in to his "I'll do whatever it takes to get back to her line". Her days are numbered though, I can't think where her storyline could go after her trial.

 

Jaime, Brienne and Tormund love triangle to feature heavily in S7

  • Paid Members
Posted

What was the significance of him finding the carved Reindeer?

 

He's aware the little girl is dead, but people seem to be suggesting he now knows the real truth.

 

Have I missed something?

  • Paid Members
Posted

 

Only just seen this weeks episode, and good lord. That was some great special effects on the dragons, as well as the battle being absolutely insane! One of the best battle sequences I've seen in some time, even in some movies, which is nuts. What was the budget on this?

 

Reportedly $100 million for the season, but likely a disproportionate amount went on this episode.

 

 

There's a behind the scenes video doing the rounds on facebook showing some of the effects that went into the battle and they are saying the episode cost $10million. Not sure if thats an accurate figure or they have divided the $100million budget into 10 but surely that must be the single most expensive episode of TV made?

Posted (edited)

What was the significance of him finding the carved Reindeer?

 

He's aware the little girl is dead, but people seem to be suggesting he now knows the real truth.

 

Have I missed something?

 

He wasn't at the battle site when Shireen was killed (he'd been sent back to Castle Black) but on his return found out that she died but had no idea she was murdered - I'm guessing he presumed that she had died in battle or something. He gave her the carved stag as a gift  for helping him learn to read. Finding the burned stag makes him realise that Shireen was probably burnt with the stag especially knowing how Melisandre likes fire, using kings blood for magic and sacrificing people.

 

He also probably realises that for that to have happened, Stannis would have had to approve it all so it may have also tainted his view on him as well.

Edited by scotboy15
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...