Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

• Paid Members

I thought it was an enjoyable episode in terms of spectacle but nothing happened that surprised me in any way. Everything that happened was very predictable, which is something that GoT never was during the first few series. 

I love moronic base entertainment so it was perfect for me. All dragon destruction and the best battle they've ever done and no moments of old white guys who I can't remember who they are talking.

Gutted the giant troll guy got taken down though, he was one of my favourites.

I loved Ramsay and his archery game scene was great, don't know why Rickon insisted on running in a completely straight line though.

I feel like I'm missing out on the kind of joke that could bring a Comic-Con to it's knees.

I thought it was an enjoyable episode in terms of spectacle but nothing happened that surprised me in any way. Everything that happened was very predictable, which is something that GoT never was during the first few series. 

I love moronic base entertainment so it was perfect for me. All dragon destruction and the best battle they've ever done and no moments of old white guys who I can't remember who they are talking.

I fucking love all that shit Bellend, don't doubt it. I just felt, despite the battle being fantastic, the episode needed an oh shit moment that we never saw coming. 

Yeah it's about time we had some simple booking. They've had so many swerves, particularly in favour of the heels, it was nice that the good guys could just ride to the rescue for a change.

Littlefinger? Good guy?

In the context of this episode, yes. Obviously he has more long term roots as a baddie.

• Paid Members

Yeah I really wanted the Ramsey torture to last forever. What a bastard. No one does heels like GOT.

The camera shots of Jon in battle were so, so awesome. My heart was pounding throughout the whole thing.

With that and the Dragons and Danny reuniting to fuck up the Masters and aquire a new fleet, the episode just felt like one of those perfect wrestling pay off moments.

Coming all over the shop.

That was an excellent episode. I was really hooked during the battle scene amd that's quite difficult to do with me these days, my attention span has become microscopic.

I was a bit miffed to see Rickon die so quickly, I thought he could have been a bit of a savage or a wild card, but hey-ho. The beating on Ramsey was great, you could just feel how much Jon hated him.

Now bring on the Littlefinger show.....

• Paid Members

Gargantuan.

I am struggling to think of a better battle scene than that. Braveheart and LOTR were just eclipsed by absolute wonderment. That episode HAS to win awards everywhere.

I can see a Union forming with Starks in the North, the Iron islands on sea and Danny in the south for the climactic war against the Whitewalkers in the end.

Next week MUST be Bran focussed, and a tie in reunion of the remaining Starks would be grand to round this season off. With groups arriving at Winterfell for support (Bannerless Brothers etc) for a neans to hit the Lannisters from South and North and just end their shitting reign.

Tinchy Mormont's look of absolute disgust at Ramsey was belting too.

Epic epic episode of TV that. Fucking love it.

Wonder if those that refused to support Sansa and Jon will now be forced to fall in line? There was clearly bad blood with that one House but with Ramsey dead and House Bolton wiped out everything has been turned on it's head in the North.

The Lannisters influence has certainly been diminished throughout the last two seasons and I get the impression that House Frey are a bunch of shite hawks without someone backing them up and I doubt Jamie is sticking around to help them anymore now that his mission has been accomplished.

• Paid Members

Wonder if those that refused to support Sansa and Jon will now be forced to fall in line? There was clearly bad blood with that one House but with Ramsey dead and House Bolton wiped out everything has been turned on it's head in the North.

I think the whole chat in the war office about Ramsey ruling through fear will be enough to swing that round. Jon's love for Wildlings may make people frown, but there can't be that many left after the battle and they'll probably just have the walk of Winterfell and become part of the Stark army/running.