Raw 25/3/13

NEWM

I actually thought Eugene had potential in a 'they made me do this' type way, after Sandman battered him at the second One Night Stand. I guess they could do that with Curtis, but then he'll just be the Johnny Curtis that he was before.

Not for me. "I was pretending to be a mong, because they said I had to, but I just want to kick arse and be angry" is like work shooty stuff which I never like, and it raises the question of why Eric Bischoff would make him pretend to be retarded and his nephew for 2 years and have everyone knock the shit out of him, and raises the question of why didn't William Regal notice that he was a bit mentally gone and a load others too. When you've got a gimmick like Eugene, you've got a gimmick like Eugene for life. There's no way it can evolve, and there's no way you can ever get out of it, so it's not like Fandango at all really.

I never made the comparison. Someone else did. I was suggesting where hey could have gone with the character, rightly or wrongly.

Innit. There's loads they can do with something as simple as him just macking on all the birds backstage, can use him to turn a bird heel, or someone face by stealing his bird, there's loads of useful stuff in the midcard you can do with a sleazy sod.

That sounds horrendous. The sort of thing that would appeal to the folk who watch Geordie Shore and all that mindless shite.

I actually thought Eugene had potential in a 'they made me do this' type way, after Sandman battered him at the second One Night Stand. I guess they could do that with Curtis, but then he'll just be the Johnny Curtis that he was before.

Hey, the Big Boss Man was MUCH better as Ray Traylor, wasn't he?! NO! :rolleyes:

Out of interest, where do you, or any other Fandago fans, see the gimmick by SummerSlam?

World Champion. WWE Champion. Open Champion.

Your first comment is fair enough. Your second is bollocks.

Is summerslam1990 going to Wrestlemania?

Why be a such a cock? No need.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
That sounds horrendous. The sort of thing that would appeal to the folk who watch Geordie Shore and all that mindless shite.

You mean it'd appeal to lots of people? OH NO! And anyway, you're talking out of trap two there. For years and years and years pre-Geordie Shore there's been people in wrestling trying to neck the ladies as part of angles. What are you even talking about? And Geordie Shore and mindless shite? It's not as if wrestling is high class and super intelligent entertainment talked about by Melvin Bragg.

Considering you've remarked before that people here are bitter and negative, you're the only one refusing to accept any possibility of Fandango being a good act at any point.

• Moderators
Innit. There's loads they can do with something as simple as him just macking on all the birds backstage, can use him to turn a bird heel, or someone face by stealing his bird, there's loads of useful stuff in the midcard you can do with a sleazy sod.

Nice of you to bother to answer the person you specifically directed the question at :thumbsup:

Since Butch was agreeing with me anyway I'll just respond here.... where you have conveniently started categorising and putting words in peoples' mouths again. And then immediately telling someone else there's no need to be a cock.

You are just straight up being a dick and then playing innocent again, for the second time today.

Anyway, if you think you're above watching a soap opera storyline in wrestling about girlfriend stealing but you're paying hundreds of pounds to go watch Wrestlemania live because somehow the serious storylines are some kind of worthwhile art then you can get to fuck because I've got some assumptions about your character now and none of them are good.

Please please tell me when this team hell no garbage is going to end, i really cannot stand any more of it, i'm at x-pac level now, i just fast forward all of there matches, segments, promo's, the lot.

The even sadder part is, when they split, and go on to feud, that will be cack aswel, Kane has not innovated since about 2001 and has the same match every single time, with whoever he is up against, so they will have yet more fair to middling matches against each other.

Just seems so long until there will be any light at the end of the tunnel for Bryan. Sad really.

Stop talking shite.

Kane's had his working boots on for the best part of a year now, the guy's a lamp post and in his mid-forties and always put's on acceptable matches, and he doesn't need to do much given his duties in tags are usually Bryan soaking up a kick-in and him waiting for the hot-tag. There's only a few stand-outs that have evolved the way he has throughout his 2012 tag team run, he went from mutilating Zack Ryder seemingly going nowhere to becoming one of the most sought after characters on the show pretty much all summer. Yeah the gimmicks gotten a little stale but I don't fast-forward any of Hell No's shit like I do Kofi Kingston matches.

Oh and X-Pac is boss.

I found the show enjoyable myself. No surprise that the only thing I found terrible was the fucking HHH/Barrett/Miz stretch.

I'm not thinking about what they do with Fandango down the line (though I think Curtis is good enough to survive once the initial novelty's worn off) but what they're doing now is perfect. It's already been established that he's a sleazy fuck that acts gay and can steal your bird whilst doing it (please put more emphasis on this wwe). Now we know he can kick your arse too. Give him the US/Int belt post - Mania and let him seduce every woman on the roster till they're practically begging to be his 'dance partner' of whatever. The heat will be off the charts. Just don't book him like Cesaro/Barrett and he'll be fine. I disagree with Chest or whoever said Jericho's been shit since returning. Yeah, his babyface act stinks but he's looked good in every outing and, to his credit, the crowd still go nuts for him despite losing to scrubs like Swagger every week. Don't know why nobody on commentary brought up the shiner he was sporting.

The Ryback squash was tremendous. 3MB get to show some of their stuff (go Drew!) and Ryback comes out of it looking like a beast anyway.

The Del Rio/Swagger segment was good for the second week running with a nice brawl that managed to get people behind Alberto. Then he acted like a right cunt and tapped Cesaro for no reason and the crowd died again.

Out of all the people Aj's feuded with I think the AJ/Kaytlyn story had the most potential and it's a shame they never explored it. With the right build this could have made an enjoyable non-pissbreak Mania match.

Putting Shield in a squash is a great idea. Love that Cole put over the way they're so 'different' from everyone else in the way they carry themselves and dismantle their opponents. Getting a bit tired of the forced shaky camera thing though. It's distracting, plus I want an unfiltered view of the awkward elegance of my Ambrose. The tale of the cocksure -but vulnerable really - Big Show, slowly gaining the trust of the mindless brute and the schizophrenic- is simple and enjoyable.

The ending bit almost done the impossible and got me hyped for Rock/Cena. For a guy that gets criticised for 'not caring about wins or losses' Cena did a great job of making a win over Rock seem like the most important thing in his life. When Booker dropped the "why do you" question and Cena just stood back in silence looking all serious, then removed his cap, I knew that what followed would be gold. Loved that he brought up the way he worked the match was his down fall, mentioning the moves and everything. Real shame Flair couldn't be there.

The build for the big matches has been hit and miss (Heyman legging it in the opening was the highlight of the show) with only the Shield match getting a half decent build. Wish they had more of a clue what they are doing with Team Hell No after their great 2012. The 'debut' of Big E is not enough to get me excited about the tag championship match. There are just enough little things about Mania that I'm intruegued by though (Orton turn?, Shield, Fandango/Jericho, Dolph Cash in?, how Punk/Taker work their match, Lesnar getting the win?, the post -match of Cena/Rock. Rybck/Henry natch.)

You mean it'd appeal to lots of people? OH NO! And anyway, you're talking out of trap two there. For years and years and years pre-Geordie Shore there's been people in wrestling trying to neck the ladies as part of angles. What are you even talking about? And Geordie Shore and mindless shite? It's not as if wrestling is high class and super intelligent entertainment talked about by Melvin Bragg.

Considering you've remarked before that people here are bitter and negative, you're the only one refusing to accept any possibility of Fandango being a good act at any point.

Funnily enough I had the same conversation with my daughters last week when I wouldn't let them watch Geordie Shore. I ended up having to sit through it. Twice.

I think you misunderstood my point about the bitterness and negativity. Nice to be noticed though. It wasn't so much towards the wrestling as towards being a wrestling fan. There appears to be a tendency towards suggesting that its a guilty pleasure, that you should be embarrassed about and it's not.

Nice of you to bother to answer the person you specifically directed the question at :thumbsup:

Since Butch was agreeing with me anyway I'll just respond here.... where you have conveniently started categorising and putting words in peoples' mouths again. And then immediately telling someone else there's no need to be a cock.

You are just straight up being a dick and then playing innocent again, for the second time today.

Anyway, if you think you're above watching a soap opera storyline in wrestling about girlfriend stealing but you're paying hundreds of pounds to go watch Wrestlemania live because somehow the serious storylines are some kind of worthwhile art then you can get to fuck because I've got some assumptions about your character now and none of them are good.

Apologies, there's a few regular posters on here that I get mixed up with.

Please point out where I've categorised (obviously what I accused others of doing) and put words in other people's mouths, as this hasn't been my intention. One of the reasons I usually only post on here on Monday nights and hungover Tuesdays as I don't seem to get my point across as I intend.

I'm not above being a wrestling fan at all. That's what I get the impression a lot of people on here think they are.

I called you, or whoever it was, a cock for posting deliberately to make it personal again, when I'd tried to steer the conversation back to the WrestleMania build.

The other thing that confuses me, having looked back through my recent posts, is other than in the Trip Planning thread, is that today is the first time I've mentioned going to Mania (I think!?) I got the impression I was banging on about it all the time?

Sorry for steering the thread back towards me, I just felt the need to defend myself when people are admitting to making assumptions about my character.

Bizarre question and I assume I'm being set up for something here but..... No not this year. Took them both last year, mainly because it was in Miami, so we made it a family holiday. They're both of an age where they're too old for 'ordinary' family holidays. Took my youngest to 26 also. Just me and the wife going this year.

Go on, why do you ask?

• Paid Members

OK, here goes ...

With you in attendance, WWE might be compelled to change the tagline from "Grandaddy Of Them All" to "Shittest Daddy Of Them All". Good to see you have your priorities in order. "Well you can watch Holly Hagan talk about sucking cock, as long as we fuck off on our holidays for a bit to watch Ryback's hairy chest, OK? Now off to bed with you".

There you go. You see I planted a seed earlier on and let it grow through your follow up post. Its what we "internet people" do. Makes the forum more fun.

I've also got to disagree with the hate for Jericho's return. Some of his promos haven't been so good, but I've really enjoyed his ring work, like his cracking Royal Rumble performance and the great match with CM Punk.

Raw, for the most part, didn't make me anticipate Wrestlemania any more. The Taker vs. Punk build-up is really weak and corny, though I'm pretty confident that the match will deliver. Triple H and Brock Lesnar haven't gelled, and I disliked their SummerSlam match, but I'm willing to give the rematch a chance. Del Rio vs. Swagger is lackluster, and I don't have any interest in seeing this match at all.

The final segment, however, really got me excited for Rock vs. Cena. Cena was tremendous, like Butternut Squash says, in making this match seem like it means everything to him. Absolutely wonderful touch how the booking/commentary, etc. has never really delved into the finish of their first match (which was great storytelling), and now having Cena, a year later, be pushed and finally express it all in the terms that he did, in detail. It's been eating him alive ever since, and now he has to deal with it. It's superb.

To sum up, Rock vs. Cena aside, I'm not hyped up for Mania, but it should be a good show overall. In most cases, despite the build, the matches themselves should do just fine.

I want to see Rock vs Cena now, so that's quite good.

I hadn't seen any Fandango until this week and I have to say he has quite a presence about him and he looks the part. I'm looking forward to seeing his debut after his stuff with Jericho, the only gripe is that I had imagined that he have pronounced his name in a more camp theatrical manner opposed to a weird grunt.

Punk and Taker left it short and sweet which is the right move. After the past four years we don't need to hear the word 'streak' mentioned ten times per minute. When the crowd started chanting 'ECW!' at Heyman and Punk backed off from the mic and said "talking of dead" I pissed myself; he should have said that into the mic just to make the few idiots stupid enough to start the chant boo him. Taker looked good and it was great to see him appear after the lights went out. Classic Taker.

Like everyone else, I'm so happy to see Triple H in his 2000 clobber again, it's actually making me route for him again.

Mania should be solid and I suppose the story of the night will be if the unexpected does happen in one of the big 3 matches - it will have big implications afterwards.

Shit show.

I like the Punk/Taker stuff, and I like what limited Cena/Rock stuff we've been treated to.

Thought The Rock was great in the main event, Cena took a while to settle in but he got good too.

That crowd were the fucking shits, though. Far too many bozo's in their twenties trying to get themselves over. Whether that be a plonker legging it into shot when the camera is on the announcers, individuals randomly shouting at smarky or just dumb comments, 'boring' chants during the final segment or the single, worst sign i've ever seen ('STEPH, RESIGN FROM CREATIVE'), it was just shit.

Crowds like that ruin shows for me.

I'm not above being a wrestling fan at all. That's what I get the impression a lot of people on here think they are.

Yes, all these people on a wrestling forum think they're well above wrestling. Kinda like those people who are all like "Oh that Geordie Shore stuff is shit, why do people watch that? It's way below the artistic greatness of wrestling."

Archived