Raw 25/3/13

NEWM

Fucking crap. Mania's got bucketloads of potential to be ace because this is one of the dullest and weakest builds in years, I'm in no mood for the show whatsoever.

Fandango's okay, but he's in there with Jericho so that's a bit shit. HHH giving Wade a hoof was good too. Rest was boiling hot turd.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I thought it was another decent week, personally.

I felt the Q&A was good, until they had a shitty uninspired brawl/finisher thing at the end. I get that they are trying to tell the story that The Rock is in John Cena's head, but I felt the execution of it was quite awkward. John Cena heeling it up just enough was rather nice.

Triple H has really been on fire, since he returned to wearing jeans and a leather jacket. That promo was another plus in a match I wasn't that arsed about, pre-contract signing.

No doubt, those that were whinging about Fandango were all over that Jericho segment. WWE have done well by the guy, so far.

Punk's promo was fairly decent. Apparently he's been having bother with 'creative' for a few weeks, so I assumed that's what his "they" speech was about. 'Taker looks in decent shape too.

KHALI SUPERBOMB looked like it may have finally done the poor blokes back in. Looked good, though.

Also, the message I take away from this episode is ain't nobody splash Mark Henry.

• Moderators

Oh shit.. really? :(

What a waste of Fandango putting him in with that boring twat.

Oh well, I guess Miz and Barrett can kill crowds pretty competently on their own, they don't need Jericho to ruin their segments for them, huh? Put his fantastic coma-inducing to good use elsewhere.

I think it's a smart move putting a new inexperienced guy in the ring with an experienced hand like Jericho. What better way to learn? I think Jericho will give him the rub and probs put him over which would be nice, Jericho seems to be winding down his career and what better a way to go out then giving the rub to new upcoming talent and passing the torch. It's a positive way in creating new stars by throwing them in the deep end with a guy the caliber of Jericho, same with the Shield. I think WWE has realised they can't go on much longer relying on older talent of yester-year to boost interest and ratings, they need to start growing new young stars which is long over due

The build for Rock/Cena is better than last years IMO, there face to face 3 weeks ago, the awesome promo video last week and this weeks segment has turned the match into not see to must see for me.

Both guys, especially Cena were absoutley awesome tonight. I really hope Cena loses, there is much more possibilities this year if he does.

I'm looking forward to Fandango vs Jericho more than anything else on the show! The Internet fans HATE Fandango already, it's quite something! They're so smart that they've been worked to fuck! Next step, win over Chris Jericho! SAY MY NAME!

• Moderators
I think it's a smart move putting a new inexperienced guy in the ring with an experienced hand like Jericho. What better way to learn? I think Jericho will give him the rub and probs put him over which would be nice, Jericho seems to be winding down his career and what better a way to go out then giving the rub to new upcoming talent and passing the torch. It's a positive way in creating new stars by throwing them in the deep end with a guy the caliber of Jericho, same with the Shield. I think WWE has realised they can't go on much longer relying on older talent of yester-year to boost interest and ratings, they need to start growing new young stars which is long over due

I'm not arguing with any of that, and it's a sound philosophy on paper.. but Jericho has been terrible recently.

Really? I've not enjoyed Jericho for years but ever since his return I've really liked pretty much everything he's been involved in, particularly the first match he had with Jack Swagger. He could do with dropping that top rope cross body though, looks a bit weak.

Fandango is shite. We'll be reading about him on one of those WWE.com '25 people you forgot ever appeared at Wrestlemania ' type articles. Jericho will put him over, probably rightfully so but with no long term gain.

I agree with whoever above said that closing segment was great until the physical interaction.

Wade Barrett was wasted in that segment with Triple H. And then he's gone onto a competitive match with The Miz. So it's wasted him as well. Bizarre.

Overall a good show. You all ought to try watching it wih a bottle of wine. Makes it much more enjoyable.

The build for Rock/Cena is better than last years IMO, there face to face 3 weeks ago, the awesome promo video last week and this weeks segment has turned the match into not see to must see for me.

Both guys, especially Cena were absoutley awesome tonight. I really hope Cena loses, there is much more possibilities this year if he does.

Personally I hope Cena wins... But in really, really dirty way.

I've not been one to be pro Cena heel turn in the past, but I certainly think wwe have recently laid the ground work to finally have a Cena heel turn work. And the rock / cena segment really enforced my belief that we get the turn this year.

Potentially we have a lot of tweener / face challengers for Cena coming out of mania and could make for a great year of ppv main events leading up to a possible heel Cena vs the undertaker at mania 30.

Is there hate for Fandango online? I've not been reading the web much recently but Fandago's one of the only things I'm enjoying in WWE at the moment.

I don't really do the online thing, here is he only site I visit, other than WWE.com occasionally. But.... Fandango belongs in the (Baseball) MVP / Mordecia / Kizarney category. The Internet fans that don't think they're Internet fans love them, but no one else does. As I said in another thread, Jericho will put him over, but, ultimately, no one will care.

Archived