Raw 25/3/13

NEWM

Fandango is fabulous.

He is isn't he? He's looks the fucking business. He's got the size and build (what's he 6'3?) and looks to go very far. You can tell he's also leaned down a whole lot in the last year. He looks like a proper fucking superstar now. Especially with that attire he had on when he attacked Jericho on Smackdown. Hopefully he wears that at Mania.

His ring entrance (at least

) was just glorious. He's easily going over Jericho at Mania.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I think this is the closest we'll get to a heel Cena for a fair bit:

Have to say, his face before he mimicked the Rock was world class. I'm a Cena fan, can't help it. I have been since the Rumble 2003 when he was stuck in the corner jabbing at thin air after being hockeyed by Kane, I think it was. I just dig his presence, I guess. For the most part, his promo's are rotten, but I get all giddy - more so than I would with any other wrestler - when he does or says something 'out of character'. So that's the story...

EDIT - Cooky, this is worth a listen. Absolutely crazy story. I'm not a big fan of Cabana, as he brown noses most of his guests (His cast with New Jack was pathetic. Verbal fellation at it's worst.) but this podcast was fantastic.

Domino Nigeria

• Paid Members

The problem with the idea of having people appear on TV in their everyday clothes, is that most of the current WWE crop would look super ordinary dressed like that. It wouldn't matter what you dressed a Hogan, Hall, Nash or Austin in, they still looked like big, bad ass wrestlers. They had a presence and an aura about them. Put Cody Rhodes in jeans and a jacket and he looks no different to Josh Matthews. I can see why they have moved away from having guys on TV in their own gear.

A wrestler should look like he's been sewn into his suit. HHH is great like that - there's no mistaking from his sheer bulk that he's a wrestler.

• Paid Members
The problem with the idea of having people appear on TV in their everyday clothes, is that most of the current WWE crop would look super ordinary dressed like that. It wouldn't matter what you dressed a Hogan, Hall, Nash or Austin in, they still looked like big, bad ass wrestlers. They had a presence and an aura about them. Put Cody Rhodes in jeans and a jacket and he looks no different to Josh Matthews. I can see why they have moved away from having guys on TV in their own gear.

I'm sure Punk once said that Vince hates it when he's in anything other than his wrestling gear because he looks like a bloke on the street, rather than a big bad wrestler.

Archived