Raw 25/3/13

NEWM

• Paid Members

I can't for the life of me understand why people think Daniel Bryan has exactly the same opinions as a Bryan Danielson fan. Guy's always been about playing with the hand he's given, such as the All Star run someone correctly referenced.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm loving the Fandango stuff and anticipate him going on to bigger and better things if he makes the gimmick work. WWE love it when guys get goofy gimmicks over, it's like a testing ground for future pushes. The only problem is he's called fucking Fandango which sounds ridiculous if its said in a serious promo like in the backstage segment with Jericho.

• Paid Members

They really need to have a dancing with the stars/strictly come dancing style dance off between Fandango and Jericho before Wrestlemania, book it just like the Warrior Rick Rude showdown.

Any reason why Big E wears a different cut black singlet & knee pads in NXT, but the gray 1 and no knee pads on Raw/Smackdown?

• Paid Members

They tape NXT in massive blocks, so the stuff currently airing might be from before he changed his singlet. Either that, or he's trying to distinguish the two a bit because he's a heel on one and the lead face on the other.

Actually, the kneepads thing is probably because he doesn't need to bother with kneepads on proper TV because all he does is stand around and occasionally hit his finisher, I guess.

I don't understand the current obsession with people wearing their wrestling gear at all times.

Everyone knows wrestlers look infinitely cooler in leather jackets and denim jeans. Preferably with a beard.

They should really limit pants time to when they're booked to wrestle an actual match. Nobody looks cool in pants. No matter who you are. We might like our favourite wrestlers in spite of their pants, but we only really want to be them when they're looking solid in their skivvies (bumbag optional). Triple H in pants is alright, I guess, but Triple H in denim, leather and sunglasses is the stuff wrestling dreams are made of.

Agreed (with daz). Orton in his t-shirt/pants PE kit combo always makes me cringe. The rule should be for every wrestler should at least cut promos in whatever gear would be considered thier costume 3 on WWF Attitude for the PS1. Not costume 4 though, you'd get fucking allsorts there.

Costume 4 was for the tards who would dress their CAW in bright colours, with the slogan 'DA BIG KILLA' smeared across their tits above a blurry DX logo, and get pissy when you told them their creation looked a bit queer.

• Paid Members

Can't win with you lot. Not happy that Cena doesn't ever wear tights, not happy that everyone else always wears tights!

Seriously though, agreed wrestlers should have an identifiable promo time non match outfit, preferably one that if the situation arose they'd still be prepared to 'go' in. It's something Austin, Rock, Triple H always been decent with. Brock gets it too. Punk is almost there but doesn't know what to do downstairs. Benoit and Orton have never got the hang of it, you're left with the impression they wear their shit round the house, to the cinema, down the shops...

Benoit was buried in his 'Toothless Aggression' shirt and panties.

In fact, the funeral procession had his entrance theme as its backdrop and rather than lower him into his grave, they erected a makeshift set of turnbuckles and launched the casket off headfirst.

• Paid Members

Fucking hell, he probably was in his wrestling clobber as well wasn't he!? He did have the little one in the cross face after all.

I haven't given my take on Raw as haven't really been about this week and most it's been covered but here goes anyway. Fandango is fabulous. Reiterating my comments from last week but I'm well chuffed for Johnny Curtis. The boy has something , for sure. I was always a bit gutted for him when he seemed genuinely touched and overjoyed to win his NXT and then for it to amount to so little, he stuck at it - got the Fandango gig, the promos...then it was dropped again , seeming like they'd lost interest. Then new promos came in, airing forever seeming as though he would never actually debut. Now an angle has been made out of that, he makes the gimmick work tremendously, looks awesome, seems a right fucking dude and good laugh and now is getting to debut at 'Mania hopefully going over Jericho. Excellent - good for him. He's like the good bits of heel John Morrison from Miz and Morrison, only with everything Morrison was lacking.

I'm completely in love with the Cena / Rock issue now. That end angle was perfection. Both guys played it majestically. And massive, massive credit to WWE for long term booking and handling of this. I'd thought previously that if the Cena heel thing was to ever be done (I'm not sure how it would really) then The Rock issue was the ideal catalyst for it but I thought that ship had long sailed. But that bit on Raw showed the whole thing may have been handled expertly and there's actually potential for something like that to still occur and had put the events that unfold, result and fallout from 'Mania now in question for me. Seriously, I'm bumming that last segment and everything Cena/Rock this year hard. All makes such good sense with Cenas character (and Rocks in fact). The best guys fully get their characters and motives and these two totally do. I love that something's made of Cena usually brushing off his losses, smiling and carrying on. Has made this seem like such a genuinely huge deal and that a win actually does matter. That segment had that sense of Pre X7 Rock/Austin sit down interview with JR, which was masterful too.

Archived