Raw 25/3/13

NEWM

• Paid Members

Enjoyed the closing segment, felt that it did a great job of making this rematch feel like the most important match in the world to both Rock and Cena. Especially Cena. I loved the desperation in his final answer, you really get the impression he will do whatever it takes not to lose this time. Nice touch to have the HoF panel asking questions, that's something I don't think they have ever done before and it really made it feel like a big deal.

Bit underwhelmed by the rest of the show, feels a little bit like they are just cruising into WrestleMania now, filling TV time rather than really adding spice to the feuds. Delighted to see Mark Henry out there after rumours of a leg injury over the weekend. It's as simple an angle as you could ever wish to book, but the whole immovable object/unstoppable force thing with him and Ryback really works for me. Looking forward to the weightlifting contest on SmackDown this week!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Twitter HATES Fandango - which says to me that he's doing a fine job!

I like his schtick - he talks well, the gimmick is good, the entrance is terrific, he's in good shape, he's tall and that legdrop off the top was good. The last two weeks I've watched his segment and then gone to bed. Why not try something different with a new character?

JBL loves him anyway, so he's got legs.

I find Fandango pretty amusing but WWE will need to add a few more dimensions to his character if they want him involved in the long term. Maybe they just see him as a short term filler guy and he'll disappear rather deliberately in the next couple of months. We'll see.

I hope not, they do that with all the interesting undercard characters. Get rid of the deadwood I say. Or repackage them, or something. Too many guys have been doing the same schtick for forever. Fandango is more interesting than all of them.

Is there hate for Fandango online? I've not been reading the web much recently but Fandago's one of the only things I'm enjoying in WWE at the moment.

You just know there is. Every other forum is full of divots like summerslam1990. Fandango isn't a wrestler, he's an entertainment etc. I haven't looked on wrestlingforum.com for any Fandango stuff yet, but I will when I can be arsed. It'll be full of stuff along the lines of:

Its official, a worrld class talent like Chris Jericho will be wasted at Wrestlemania. He will be facing Fandango in a match. :(

Parody or real?

The only thin I haven't liked about Fandango so far is that he was in the same segment as Jack Swagger. Right now, those two are poles apart, and Swagger doesn't need to be winning with Fandango's help at the moment. I love the character though, and hope the match at Mania will be more than a 15 second squash for Jericho or similar.

Thought it was a pretty good show personally. Slowly but surely, I'm getting excited for Mania.

The buildup hasn't been great, Rock/Cena II has definitely suffered a bit with Rock not being there but whenever the two have been in a segment this time, they've knocked it out of the park. I was a bit underwhelmed with this match when it was announced but I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes down now and considering they've only interacted about twice, that is some achievement.

Also a special mention to the Jericho/Fandango stuff, which I think they've done really well with. The gimmick looked as goofy as hell to begin with but he's making it work. What a great rub for him also, to get his debut match at Wrestlemania and against a star like Jericho to boot.

Is there hate for Fandango online? I've not been reading the web much recently but Fandago's one of the only things I'm enjoying in WWE at the moment.

You just know there is. Every other forum is full of divots like summerslam1990.

See, why make it personal? I don't like Fandango. That's my opinion. You insist on categorising people. I like to think for myself. I gave my opinion, and also suggested that it was right that he went over Jericho at Mania. (I'll be en route to New York this time next week btw). I don't use any other forum, I peruse this one regularly, and offer my little input every now and then. I'm no 'divot'.

Also a special mention to the Jericho/Fandango stuff, which I think they've done really well with. The gimmick looked as goofy as hell to begin with but he's making it work. What a great rub for him also, to get his debut match at Wrestlemania and against a star like Jericho to boot.

It's finally made up for him never getting his tag title match with R-Truth. Or did that happen and I've forgotten?

• Moderators
(I'll be en route to New York this time next week btw).

You're going to Wrestlemaina, we know. Well done. Why do you keep mentioning it? No-one else does.

It's finally made up for him never getting his tag title match with R-Truth. Or did that happen and I've forgotten?

No, it didn't and he did some weird gimmick where he'd act out sayings.

Lol, keep mentioning it? I only post on here three or four times a week!

For what it's worth, I preferred that Johnny Curtis gimmick too! Although it wouldn't have got him a WrestleMania match with Chris Jericho, I'll grant you that!

(I'll be en route to New York this time next week btw).

You're going to Wrestlemaina, we know. Well done. Why do you keep mentioning it? No-one else does.

Going to Wrestlemania means he's a proper fan, Butch. Not just some guy who watches on tv and thinks Fandango is a good idea.

Archived