Raw 25/3/13

NEWM

• Moderators
Is there hate for Fandango online? I've not been reading the web much recently but Fandago's one of the only things I'm enjoying in WWE at the moment.

You just know there is. Every other forum is full of divots like summerslam1990.

See, why make it personal? I don't like Fandango. That's my opinion. You insist on categorising people. I like to think for myself.

Oh you mean the way you definitely never categorise people? Like this earlier in the thread -

I don't really do the online thing, here is he only site I visit, other than WWE.com occasionally. But.... Fandango belongs in the (Baseball) MVP / Mordecia / Kizarney category. The Internet fans that don't think they're Internet fans love them, but no one else does.

The fuck outta here with your faux innocence bullshit.

Kizarney sucked, Mordecai sucked, you suck, and Fandango is great.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha, I actually edited that because I thought I maybe guilty of categorising and managed it any way! Told you I was poor at this Internet stuff!

The point is I don't like Fandango because I believe it's a short lived gimmick. You like him, at the risk of putting words in your mouth, because he's something different. Fair enough.

And no, I don't think I'm a better fan because I go to events. It was in reference to being called a divot. You guys put far more effort into message bored posting than I can be bothered. Maybe that makes you better fans. I dunno, I don't like to categorise folks.....

Fandango belongs in the (Baseball) MVP / Mordecia / Kizarney category. The Internet fans that don't think they're Internet fans love them, but no one else does.

Considering that near enough every shitty post you make contains some shitty variation of "I don't really do this whole internet thing" then you must, by your own shitty criteria, love Fandango.

Johnnhy Curtis hasnt had a single match as Fandango yet and people are shitting on him. I dont get it. Save your judgement. Now if you just dont like him for what he's doing currently then he wins. He's a heel. Its his job to make you hate him. I think the match at Mania with Jericho has potential to be great.

Also, someone that i do hate. Ryder. Finally getting on tv again and wearing trunks that say 'Push Me!!!' on the back. Fuck off.

• Moderators
The point is I don't like Fandango because I believe it's a short lived gimmick. You like him, at the risk of putting words in your mouth, because he's something different. Fair enough.

Your idea that it's a short lived gimmick is pretty short sighted and unimaginative though, isn't it?

It's not like it's such an absurd far-fetched character like a Eugene or something. There's plenty of options with it, and it's easily groundable in real life.

I like him because he's funny, and funny in a way that easily translates to the wrestling environment.

No , there is no criteria to being me. I'm a person, not a category. I'm sorry if I over compensate for the not being very articulate on an Internet message board, nice to be noticed though, even if it's in an X-PAC heat kind of way.

Anyway, on topic. The build to this years Mania has been quiet hasn't it? Each feud seems really understated and not very heated. Being as the big 3 matches seem so predictable, one has to go against the grain, surely? I don't see how Cena losing opens up all sorts of opportunities, as someone suggested earlier. The streak isn't going to end. So is Triple H going out? Obviously this could be overturned further down the line if they want, but in two weeks time are we going to be talking about Triple H's retirement episode of Raw.

He's actually been tweeting Vince pictures of the trunks as well.

Haha, Desperation at its best. Ryder is best suited for Superstars and Saturday Slam at most. He needs to realize his chance has past.

Your idea that it's a short lived gimmick is pretty short sighted and unimaginative though, isn't it?

It's not like it's such an absurd far-fetched character like a Eugene or something. There's plenty of options with it, and it's easily groundable in real life.

I like him because he's funny, and funny in a way that easily translates to the wrestling environment.

I don't find him funny. Just to be clear, that doesn't mean I begrudge you finding him funny. I found Jericho taking the piss out of his name last week funny. Which was obviously aided by the whole emphasis on how clear his name should be pronounced.

I'm sorry if I'm being unimaginative if I don't see where the gimmick is going to go once he's finished feuding with the guy who did an actual dancing reality show. I actually thought Eugene had potential in a 'they made me do this' type way, after Sandman battered him at the second One Night Stand. I guess they could do that with Curtis, but then he'll just be the Johnny Curtis that he was before.

Out of interest, where do you, or any other Fandago fans, see the gimmick by SummerSlam?

Anyway, on topic. The build to this years Mania has been quiet hasn't it? Each feud seems really understated and not very heated. Being as the big 3 matches seem so predictable, one has to go against the grain, surely? I don't see how Cena losing opens up all sorts of opportunities, as someone suggested earlier. The streak isn't going to end. So is Triple H going out? Obviously this could be overturned further down the line if they want, but in two weeks time are we going to be talking about Triple H's retirement episode of Raw.

That is an interesting point. There has to be a small chance they'll go against the expected result in one of the three.

Triple H retiring would be a shock, but as I said, he's hardly competed for the last two years, so whilst acknowledging it, would be easily remedied.

Rock beating Cena would be the most boring way around it. If Rock is to stick around until Extreme Rules.

Or is it just a reverse psychology way of making us, ok me, think that Punk could maybe end the streak. Even though he won't.

Edit - yeah what Ian said above could stir things up a bit. Which is good, as its all a bit stale as far as I'm concerned.

Archived