Raw 25/3/13

NEWM

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Has the Rock at Extreme Rules thing been confirmed now? Weren't they saying it was just a mix-up and he wasn't booked?

Meltzer was saying that there are plans to have Rock AND Brock Lesnar on the Extreme Rules card. Barmy. He seemed to imply it wasn't set in stone, though.

Do you think with the career stipulation is there any possibility HHH could lose, and the career would include his on air role as COO.

Nah, just he can't wear leather jackets and jeans anymore. All wrestling logic points to Triple H winning, seeing as he's been heavily destroyed by Lesnar. But the plan for next year is for Rock/Brock to headline, so maybe he's doing what's best for his company (it's not like he has to stick to the retirement).

• Moderators
I actually thought Eugene had potential in a 'they made me do this' type way, after Sandman battered him at the second One Night Stand. I guess they could do that with Curtis, but then he'll just be the Johnny Curtis that he was before.

Not for me. "I was pretending to be a mong, because they said I had to, but I just want to kick arse and be angry" is like work shooty stuff which I never like, and it raises the question of why Eric Bischoff would make him pretend to be retarded and his nephew for 2 years and have everyone knock the shit out of him, and raises the question of why didn't William Regal notice that he was a bit mentally gone and a load others too. When you've got a gimmick like Eugene, you've got a gimmick like Eugene for life. There's no way it can evolve, and there's no way you can ever get out of it, so it's not like Fandango at all really.

• Moderators
I actually thought Eugene had potential in a 'they made me do this' type way, after Sandman battered him at the second One Night Stand. I guess they could do that with Curtis, but then he'll just be the Johnny Curtis that he was before.

That would just be awful.. it would undo all of their work to date.

Out of interest, where do you, or any other Fandago fans, see the gimmick by SummerSlam?

I'm hoping they just build on the character of being a sleazy and swarthy salsa dancing type of guy. Trying to steal guys' girlfriends backstage.. that sort of shit. As I said before, I think there's plenty of potential storylines for that kind of character that naturally lead to feuds. It's some solid midcard stuff that kinda writes itself pretty easily tbh.

• Moderators

Innit. There's loads they can do with something as simple as him just macking on all the birds backstage, can use him to turn a bird heel, or someone face by stealing his bird, there's loads of useful stuff in the midcard you can do with a sleazy sod.

• Paid Members
WWE Champion The Rock has now agreed to work a number of post-WrestleMania dates for WWE, including the May 19th Extreme Rules pay-per-view in St. Louis."

Doesn't sound like much hinting going on.

Fair enough, but I was on about the double whammy of having Brock/Rock on the same card. On his WOL show he worded it in a way that made it seem like WWE were not sure, yet.

Hey, the Big Boss Man was MUCH better as Ray Traylor, wasn't he?! NO! :rolleyes:

Out of interest, where do you, or any other Fandago fans, see the gimmick by SummerSlam?

World Champion. WWE Champion. Open Champion.

Please please tell me when this team hell no garbage is going to end, i really cannot stand any more of it, i'm at x-pac level now, i just fast forward all of there matches, segments, promo's, the lot.

The even sadder part is, when they split, and go on to feud, that will be cack aswel, Kane has not innovated since about 2001 and has the same match every single time, with whoever he is up against, so they will have yet more fair to middling matches against each other.

Just seems so long until there will be any light at the end of the tunnel for Bryan. Sad really.

• Paid Members
Please please tell me when this team hell no garbage is going to end, i really cannot stand any more of it, i'm at x-pac level now, i just fast forward all of there matches, segments, promo's, the lot.

The even sadder part is, when they split, and go on to feud, that will be cack aswel, Kane has not innovated since about 2001 and has the same match every single time, with whoever he is up against, so they will have yet more fair to middling matches against each other.

Just seems so long until there will be any light at the end of the tunnel for Bryan. Sad really.

The match they have will be fine. Why does Kane need to "innovate"? He's a solid enough big man and Bryan's more than talented enough both character- and wrestling-wise to work an entertaining match round what Kane can do. People are into the gimmick, people will pop for the split, the match will get a PPV slot and Bryan will go right into whatever role where they need to put a really good wrestler who can work with anyone. He'll almost certainly be buzzing around the World Heavyweight title again at some point during the year, especially if it's going to be on guys like Del Rio, Swagger or Ziggler it in the near future. There's plenty of light at the end of the tunnel, and even before that, I'm sure Bryan's fine with his job being piss easy and loads of fun at the moment.

Archived