Facebook updates that blow your mind

SpursRiot2012

4 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

Seen this a couple of times today. Tragic (and I'm not referring to Ant not being on the telly):

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, meme and text

Such a shame that a millionaire isn't back in his well paid job after he could've killed someone crashing his car whilst being pissed out of his face.

Somebody was describing an issue in this thread a while ago, and I don't know how long I'd be clicking back through the pages so I'm not going to start, but it was about some kind of "alternative therapy" group on Facebook whose owner was dodgy as fuck, arranging private "massage" sessions with the all-female membership or something like that. The outcome was that reporting it to Facebook accomplished, or would accomplish, nothing.

Well in the past couple of weeks, due to running a group beyond a certain size, I've been added to an official "UK Power Admins" group where advice can be sought from (and feedback given to) direct representatives of Facebook in specific regards to groups. So I just wondered if the poster who'd encountered that sleazy, predatory group owner would like me to raise it in this new avenue of communication with FB's experts and see what they say?

1 hour ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Somebody was describing an issue in this thread a while ago, and I don't know how long I'd be clicking back through the pages so I'm not going to start, but it was about some kind of "alternative therapy" group on Facebook whose owner was dodgy as fuck, arranging private "massage" sessions with the all-female membership or something like that. The outcome was that reporting it to Facebook accomplished, or would accomplish, nothing.

Well in the past couple of weeks, due to running a group beyond a certain size, I've been added to an official "UK Power Admins" group where advice can be sought from (and feedback given to) direct representatives of Facebook in specific regards to groups. So I just wondered if the poster who'd encountered that sleazy, predatory group owner would like me to raise it in this new avenue of communication with FB's experts and see what they say?

Aye, that was me.  The guy in question removed my girlfriend from his super sleazy group but will have a look at his plain sleazy group and link it.  Thanks, Zeb.

• Paid Members
On 10/17/2018 at 9:20 PM, LCJ said:

Such a shame that a millionaire isn't back in his well paid job after he could've killed someone crashing his car whilst being pissed out of his face.

Yes, he's a prick for driving under the influence (was it alcohol or painkillers they caught him under the influence of by the way? I always thought it was painkillers) but this isn't, as far as I'm aware, and I don't know the guy personally or anything, some millionaire who went out on the piss and figured he's above the law because he's a celebrity. At least that isn't how I've read the case and everything he's been dealing with. And you do actually get those sorts of pricks. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he develop a serious opiate painkiller addiction after some kind of surgery or accident? That can happen to (and does happen to) literally anyone from any walk of life (I'm one of them, by the way, and it's no walk in the park. It's not like you made choice to bust out the spoon, belt and needle and start looking for a vein - it creeps up on you and if you're not extremely carefulz by the time realise its got its claws into you, its too late and so you need to then decide do I go cold turkey or go get support? You know if what support for opiate painkiller addiction is? Take your pick - buperenorphine or methadone for a year or two or ten. You should go seek out the feature I wrote on not just prescription pain pill addicts, but the undocumented thousands of people addicted to over counter pain medication containing opiates. You're mainly looking at upper working/lower middle class women in the OTC section.}

I'm not saying he gets a pass just because he's been dealing with some shit, but I don't see why at some point he can't go and try and get his career back.

No idea where this idea comes from that if somebody with money and fame (which, in this case, him and the other one have worked fucking hard over decades to get to where they were - they're aren't just a couple of Kardashians or whatever. In fact, I'm shocked they both didn't develop a dependency or two, in that industry, with their workload) does something wrong, they're only allowed to go back to work if that work involves then cleaning urinal cakes with their mouths.

Edited by SpursRiot2012