Facebook updates that blow your mind

SpursRiot2012

• 3 weeks later...

Even in 2018, there's still people who honestly should know better who post this kind of shit. Someone I went to school with posted it, and normally I wouldn't bother even replying, but this morning I posted a reply saying "honestly mate, google "what do refugees get in the UK?" and read the official fucking government website that lays it out for you."

His answer?

"Yeah, but still."

You can't possibly argue with that kind of reasoning.

Read and pass on:
Dear Prime Minister 
I wish to ask you a Question:- "Is This True?"
I refer to the Pension Reality Check.

Are you aware of the following ?

The British Government provides the following financial assistance:-

BRITISH OLD AGED PENSIONER
(bearing in mind they worked hard and paid their Income Tax and National
Insurance contributions to the British Government all their working life)
Weekly allowance: £106.00

IMMIGRANTS/REFUGEES LIVING IN BRITAIN
(No Income Tax and National Insurance contribution whatsoever)
Weekly allowance: £250.00

Weekly Spouse Allowance: £25.00

ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS/REFUGEES LIVING IN BRITAIN
Weekly Spouse Allowance: £225.00

Additional Weekly Hardship Allowance: £0.00

Additional Weekly Hardship Allowance: £100.00

A British old age pensioner is no less hard up than an illegal immigrant/refugee yet receives nothing

TOTAL YEARLY BENEFIT: £6,000

TOTAL YEARLY BENEFIT: £29,900

Please read all and then forward to all your contacts so that we can lobby for a decent state pension.

After all, the average pensioner has paid taxes and contributed to the growth of this country for the last 40 to 60 years.
Sad isn't it? Surely it's about time we put our own people first!

I JUST DID!

The illegal immigrants getting more benefits than pensioners should be a giveaway before you even need to look anywhere else.

They just rocking up at the DSS and declaring their illegal immigration status to get onto benefits aye? 

Edited by MungoChutney
Misread it

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, David said:

His answer?

"Yeah, but still."

You can't possibly argue with that kind of reasoning.

Yeah, sadly you are probably wasting your time. You can throw as much evidence as you want at him, but it doesn't support his true agenda.

59 minutes ago, MungoChutney said:

The illegal immigrants getting more benefits than pensioners should be a giveaway before you even need to look anywhere else.

They just rocking up at the DSS and declaring their illegal immigration status to get onto benefits aye? 

The saddening thing is, framing the way a lot of pensioners are treated in this way just removes the spotlight from that worthwhile cause, although I'd guess that how pensioners are treated by our Government isn't the main thrust of their point.

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, David said:

although I'd guess that how pensioners are treated by our Government isn't the main thrust of their point.

Aye. Any time I see a post like that, "help our pensioners before helping immigrants!" or "we shouldn't be taking in refugees when we have homeless people on our streets", my first instinct is to ask them, "alright, what are you doing to help the homeless?"

1 minute ago, BomberPat said:

Aye. Any time I see a post like that, "help our pensioners before helping immigrants!" or "we shouldn't be taking in refugees when we have homeless people on our streets", my first instinct is to ask them, "alright, what are you doing to help the homeless?"

Or even ask them about the mind-blowing possibility that both pensioners and refugees are getting treated like shite! Why is it always one, or the other? Well, we all know why it's portrayed in that way by those who start these chain messages.

2 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

"alright, what are you doing to help the homeless?"

Well, first I ask for proof of residency, then I ask to see their CV so I can see that they are one of OUR BOYS WHO SERVED IN AFGHAN before getting them a substandard pastie from Greggs, whilst live streaming it over facebook so people can see how wonderful I am.

10 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Some pensioners are loaded. Some are very comfortable. It's another generalisation. Lots certainly don't need a bus pass or winter fuel allowance. We should take the money off them and give it to refugees.

I guess it's a bit of a grey area, because although they may not need a winter fuel allowance, they have paid for it over their working lives and deserve it, no? There's many of us who don't need free prescriptions, but we get them anyway. Well, those who live in Scotland anyway.

Edited by David

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, David said:

I guess it's a bit of a grey area, because although they may not need a winter fuel allowance, they have paid for it over their working lives and deserve it, no?

It's not about whether they deserve it. I don't begrudge anyone anything. But it seems wrong to me to give money to people who don't need it when others are under the breadline.

7 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

It's not about whether they deserve it. I don't begrudge anyone anything. But it seems wrong to me to give money to people who don't need it when others are under the breadline.

That happens in many situations though, including the aforementioned prescriptions situation in Scotland. I don't live there now, but I know a good few people who get free prescriptions despite being in a position where they could easily afford to pay for them.