Facebook updates that blow your mind

SpursRiot2012

Kookookachu...just block him. The pressure to add/accept people for family/political reasons is pretty crazy if you think about it. But at the end of the day, it's a website (one that makes a shitload of money), so it's really not worth you putting yourself through having to put it with that shit on a daily basis. Or you can always just unsubscribe to his updates, I've done this for a shitload of people and my facebook has never been better. But, in your case, he seems to be causing you problems with your friends etc so I wouldn't put up with it.

Edited by Ross

• Paid Members

My daughter's 14 and has her own Facebook account, so I'll add pictures of her every so often so they appear in her album. It makes a change from the dozens of webcam pictures of her eye or her fingernails that she uploads. She'll only really get mentioned in a status if we're out somewhere together though.

Why are people so stupid that they'd repost that? It boggles my mind.

My daughter's 14 and has her own Facebook account

Can I add her?[/Loki]

Thought never crossed my mind :sly:

EDIT: actually - I thought you had to be over 16 to have a Facebook acccount? BAD PARENT Surf.

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members

There's one now that lists a whole bunch of taxes, then:

Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago, & our nation was one of the most prosperous in the world... We had absolutely no national debt, had a large middle class,a huge manufacturing base, and Mum stayed home to raise the kids.

What in the Hell happened? Could it be the lying parasitic politicians wasting our money?

Oh, and don't forget the relatively new bank charges....

And we all know what we think of Bankers.

I hope this goes around the UK at least 1000 times!!!

YOU can help it get there!

Income tax started in the UK in 1798. 100 years ago Britain had a national debt worth 50% of GDP. Most of the taxes listed don't even exist in the UK.

• Paid Members

What severely unresearched tripe. They're clearly forgetting the quality of living having improved massively, a huge reduction in poverty, healthcare being Christ knows how much better (thanks to these taxes) and being able to stream Game of Thrones onto your 50" plasma TV. Anyone who reposts that wouldn't last a single day in 1913 Britain.

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members
Well obviously there needs to be a UKFF competition to decide your new name.

I honestly haven't a clue where to begin. During a discussion with my friends I listed all the family names and that my Nan's maiden name is Raven. Of course they loved this, so I'm currently known as The Raven and when ever someone talks about me it's said as if narrating a superhero epic adventure.

It was funny at first. :(

Thing is, I want a name completely separate from my family. Both sides.

Edited by Kookoocachu

• Paid Members
Does anyone ever say "That's so Raven" when you do something very typically you?

Yeah that's been mentioned too :(

Out of sheer curiosity I looked up the meaning.

"Old Norse. Mischievous, thieving dark haired person."

Meh.

Edited by Kookoocachu