Facebook updates that blow your mind

SpursRiot2012

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, David said:

guess it's a bit of a grey area, because although they may not need a winter fuel allowance, they have paid for it over their working lives and deserve it, no?

Nope. Fuck those money grubbing, Brexit voting, comfy living baby boomers.

They rightfully should be having the rug pulled out from them to pay their fair share because the model they signed up to isn't sustainable and it's detrimental to everyone else and the only reason they aren't forced to is because young people are cunts and don't vote.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

1 minute ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Nope. Fuck those money grubbing, Brexit voting, comfy living baby boomers.

They rightfully should be having the rug pulled out from them to pay their fair share because the model they signed up to isn't sustainable and it's detrimental to everyone else and the only reason they aren't forced to is because young people are cunts and don't vote.

Well, maybe they should be entitled to the benefits promised to them, but there should be a cutoff point? In all honesty, anyone under the age of 40 who still thinks that the current model will provide for them really needs to sort themselves out. 

1 minute ago, Keith Houchen said:

David Cameron claimed all he could for his severely handicapped son while he was alive.  But then Cameron is a wanker.

To be fair, he's only estimated to be worth around £3 million or so, which isn't a terribly high amount these days! Poor guy is probably one of the poorest in his Bullingdon club get-togethers every year!

4 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

It's not about whether they deserve it. I don't begrudge anyone anything. But it seems wrong to me to give money to people who don't need it when others are under the breadline.

Changing a benefit from universal to means-tested incurs extra administration costs, so it can end up not actually saving the country money overall. 

People who receive winter fuel allowance and don't actually need it should arrange for it to be given to a good cause of their choice, but you can't really force them to do so.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Not sure this counts as an update but this series of pool trickshots by a chap called Charles Lakey is outrageous. Cropped up on my timeline this morning and watched several times on loop. Not from this realm.

https://www.facebook.com/305140869535098/posts/1980600075322494/

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Not sure this counts as an update but this series of pool trickshots by a chap called Charles Lakey are outrageous. Cropped up on my timeline this morning and watched several times on loop. Not from this realm.

https://www.facebook.com/305140869535098/posts/1980600075322494/

Fantastic skill! Some of them realy do defy belief and I could sit and watch that stuff all day.

End of year Facebook posts have got to be up there in terms of most attention seeking nonsense. My feed today is full of either 'worst year ever glad to see the back of it' or 'highs and lows' or 'best year ever' followed by a list of what has made it so great or rubbish. 

Maybe I'm just becoming a miserable bastard in my old age but surely I'm not the only one who finds it grates on you!