DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I've not seen any of his elitist views other than the dinner party>a pub one which was a comment he says was taken out of context but even so,  it hardly puts him alongside double murder suicide and noncey fiddler fayre. Most actors are fucking dicks on some level.

My point was if I don’t like someone I find it hard to separate them from their art. It was not me saying he’s on the same page. Heck, he’s not even in the same book. But if I don’t like the person, I find it hard to separate the two. It’s why I’m conflicted on the Pixar films directed by Lassiter.

having to watch The Angry Birds Movie as I’m off to see part 2 tomorrow. It’s nowhere near as bad as expected. Some nice jokes for the grown ups and even Josh Gad isn’t annoying 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said:

Long Shot

Again, somehow, Seth Rogan inexplicably manages to punch well above his weight. On the up side, Charlize Theron finally clicked with me and I'm now in love with her.

Would have been a good movie if they'd have included some jokes though.

I remember in the cinema, two middle aged women told this teenager to shut up so they could watch the movie, and then he left right away and never came back. The movie wouldn't be over for another 40 minutes.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I have no words for this ?

Kids choice. It was that or The Lion King again. Compared to The Secret Life of Pets 2, it made this look like a masterpiece. As nonsense kids films go, it was better then it had any right to be. I’m not proud, but I am honest if nothing else

• Members

Free Fire

What a bloody stupid film. Just stupid. Still, I like most of the cast and Sharlto Copley’s home made armour made me giggle. But this was stupider than anything I’ve seen recently. Quite short though so small mercies 

• Paid Members

Free Fire's easily Ben Wheatley's best film, he's actually showing some competence now.

I saw The Angry Birds Movie 2 yesterday, it reminded me a bit of the excellent Storks with how weird it was, but not as funny. Aside from a scene in a urinal. Yeah.

• Paid Members

Can concur that the piss joke is one of the best toilet humour jokes I’ve seen in quite a long time. Angry Birds 2 is a better sequel then the pets one we got a few months back, but just a good film, nothing more, nothing less. It’s does what it intended too.

off to see Far from Home again in an hour to cleanse myself 

Free Fire's easily Ben Wheatley's best film

Sightseers for me and that's mainly because he was nowhere near the script. I think it has been discussed before, but I find his films awful. Free Fire is OK but the rest of it, nah.  Robert Eggers in one film did everything Wheatley has tried to do but did it 100 times better 

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Sightseers for me and that's mainly because he was nowhere near the script. I think it has been discussed before, but I find his films awful. Free Fire is OK but the rest of it, nah. 

Happy New Year, Colin Burstead was a pretty good Festen rip-off too, and I'm excited for his giant crab horror film, whenever he gets round to that.

Just watched The Red Sea Diving Resort which was long, boring, pro-Israel tripe but Haley Bennett's in it so not a total loss.