DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

Do you remember when it seemed like everyone loved Johnny Depp? I recall people being outraged when Heath Slater was announced as The Joker in that Batman film and not Depp. Personally I've never been a fan of his, barring a few films he's done. At least he's getting that Travolta stink about him in 2018.

1 minute ago, The Maestro said:

Do you remember when it seemed like everyone loved Johnny Depp? I recall people being outraged when Heath Slater was announced as The Joker in that Batman film and not Depp. Personally I've never been a fan of his, barring a few films he's done. At least he's getting that Travolta stink about him in 2018.

He's got kids, he needed the part...

• Paid Members

Has anyone ever seen Nick of Time with Johnny Depp?

If you haven't and you think "Ooooh, Hitchockian,  eh? I might pop this on", don't. It's the celluloid equivalent of Steps. Although,  Faye...

Also, I think I'm the only person I know who really loved Venom. It was absolutely bonkers. Reminiscent of The Mask. I loved it. It's my new Hudson Hawk by the looks of it.

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Scott Malbranque said:

Also, I think I'm the only person I know who really loved Venom. It was absolutely bonkers. Reminiscent of The Mask. I loved it. It's my new Hudson Hawk by the looks of it. 

Ah crap, now I have to go see it. I'll go see it with my brother next week as he is visiting. He is the one that introduced me to Hudson Hawk, after all. I'm blaming you if it's shite, Scotty

Yeah we saw that last night too. I enjoyed it, but the final act felt along with certain other parts felt a bit rushed, which for a film that went 2hrs15 might sound like an oxymoron.

There weren’t many dry eyes in the cinema by the end when

Jackson commits suicide, even though it was foreshadowed within the first 5 minutes, and Charlie the dog (Cooper’s real life pet) pulled the ‘Seymour waiting for Fry’ spot

I didn’t think the songs were terrible, but didn’t think they were great either, even though they were performed well.

Needed more Sam Elliott though, all films need more Sam Elliott

Edited by WyattSheepMask

9 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I really don't get the appeal of Bradley Cooper at all. He must be the dullest A-lister of his generation and perhaps most others.

I agree. I didn't even realise for the first few episodes of Wet Hot American Summer season 2 that he'd been replaced by Adam Scott.