DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

So what's the gay bit in Beauty and the Beast? If it's anything less than full hardcore take it dry bitch arse fucking, I'll be very disappointed after all the hype.

• Paid Members

So what's the gay bit in Beauty and the Beast?

LaFou gives Gaston the eye a lot and acts camp "It's never gonna happen ladies."A guy gets put in a dress and doesn't hate it.Two men dance together in a dance scene.

I think Ewan McGregor's response has been amongst the best.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC3F2RKfMNQ

Filthy bastards, they'll rightly burn in hell for that.

• Paid Members

The missus was away this weekend, so I got to watch what I wanted.

Black Rainbow's on the Firestick, so I'll rewatch that

Still a bit of an underrated gem, this one. It's nicely put together and aside from cars and hairstyles, it's aged pretty well. I'm assuming the plot is still pretty original as I don't think I've seen it used in anything else.

Fucking Runaway.

Really enjoyed rewatching this (as I've not seen it for 20+ years), but I'm not sure it would be appreciated by anyone that doesn't already have a soft spot for it.

It's about as 80s sci-fi/action/cop as you can get. It's aged, but in a way that's so obvious that it makes the film a bit timeless.

I'm not even sure it's set in the future (or at least very far into the future) as when they're driving around the roads are full of typical mid-80s bangers and the robots are like the one we had at school, just not connected to a BBC Micro (speaking of which, the computers have graphical powers of a similar level).

Selleck's ace, and fair play to him, so is Simmons. The spider robots are still cool, and it's all so hokey but played dead straight.

• Paid Members

Watched Kong: Skull Island yesterday. Proper summer popcorn flick. Most of the cast is a bit underwritten except for John C Riley who deserves an Oscar. As a fan of all things Kong (sans King Kong Lives) I really enjoyed it.

Get out for me tonight though

• Paid Members

Add me to the "Get Out is great" pile as well. Superb little film, good to see Daniel Kaluuya get a lead as well, he was fantastic and underrated in Sicario.

Watched Kong: Skull Island yesterday. Proper summer popcorn flick. Most of the cast is a bit underwritten except for John C Riley who deserves an Oscar. As a fan of all things Kong (sans King Kong Lives) I really enjoyed it. 

Went to see Kong last week and really enjoyed it. Has some good action and great visuals.

It's not the masterpiece some reviews have seemed to make it out as being, but it is a very good and very entertaining horror film, and an impressive directorial debut from Jordan Peele.

• Paid Members

Went to see Kong last week and really enjoyed it. Has some good action and great visuals.

It's not the masterpiece some reviews have seemed to make it out as being, but it is a very good and very entertaining horror film, and an impressive directorial debut from Jordan Peele.

Agree with you DJM. We both really enjoyed it, but it's not BESTTHINGEVA.

• Paid Members

Actually to discuss Get Out me and the wife were discussing it and wondered if anyone could clear this up

with the experiment what were they doing? The grandma/grandpa we're working, they were not acting as the hosts. It seemed to just be a robotic lifestyle. Were they just behaving as such because Chris was there or were they trapped to live in tease bodies but not being able to live their lives?

Wer

Nice 90 minute take on the werewolf genre. Well paced and an easy watch. Was worried it was going to be a found footage thing given the start but it wasn't. Worth a watch a solid 15 out of 22.

• Paid Members

Been avaoiding that as I tonight it was found footage, I'll give it a go now.

Watched The Girl with all the Gifts yesterday. Not bad, like a British Last of Us.

Saw Beauty & The Beast last night (misses choice honest) and actually thought it was quite decent considering that I wasn't massively into the original Disney cartoon version and that I know how the story pans out. 

Emma Watson is quite good in it. Defo worth a watch I would say.

Off to see Logan tonight, possibly Get Out tomorrow night and have to catch Power Rangers in the next week or so although am fearing the worst with that one.