DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

Taking "any role she can" is a bit of a misnomer. She's had a steady movie career for two decades now, it's not she's on her arse or 'needs' the work. Dodgy choices maybe, but if its a case of filming for five weeks on a crap comedy and getting paid decent money for it, why wouldn't she

Because most A list actresses wouldn't go near a ludicrous script like Sex Tape. Still i'm sure there will be a Razzie with her name on it for this movie.

She was in The Sweetest Thing. I don't think quality control bothers her. She is the sort of actor who does one very good film in ten, and I bet she has a whale of time on the other nine.

Watched Wild Bill the other night on Film 4. Dexter Fletcher can do the direction thing pretty well and despite going in expecting another typical Brit Slum Drama. it was definitely worth a watch and the paper aeroplane bit was cool. (I'm sure that's been on here as a question recently?) Charlie Creed Miles, not as Billy Kimber, nor David was a nice change of pace and some brit actors in some unfamiliar roles was also a nice change of pace. Though no one wants to see Hardeep Singh Kohli in bed, do they? shudder

Yeah enjoyable, will watch again, not really sure I hadn't watched it before though, as was probably half asleep at the time.

• Paid Members

Took the other half to see Paddington tonight. What an absolutely lovely, treat of a film. If you've got young kids (or want a date film) it's perfect.

Up to seeing the trailer I though that this was going to be a pile of shite. Can't wait to see it now, looks hilarious.

Im going to make an effort to watch Star Wars over Xmas for the first time. Do I watch them 4 5 6 1 2 3 or 1 2 3 4 5 6?

Difiicult question, not like Rocky where there apparently is a fifth movie??

Most of the oldie brigade watched 4,5,6 1,2,3.. But the story is missing a gap between 3 and 4 that should really be addressed inc the rise of Moff Tarkin.. However..  of those that are good  the 456123 is probably the best way to go without completely buggering up the story..

In terms of quality and this will differ 5,6,4,3,2,1 Seems to work.

• Paid Members

Im going to make an effort to watch Star Wars over Xmas for the first time. Do I watch them 4 5 6 1 2 3 or 1 2 3 4 5 6?

Yes watch them 456123. That's how they're supposed to be seen, any other way is a disservice to the story.

It's easy. I've got no idea what pat's going on about.

Edited by LaGoosh

If you watch 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 that surely makes the most sense?  Also, that way you end on a high rather than having to endure the prequels after the goodness of the original trilogy.