DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

Just watched the new Arnie film Sabotage. Run of the mill auctioneer with no big surprises.

Arnie in a US remake of Cash In The Attic, green light that shit!

Arnie: "going once"

Villain "no please don't kill me"

Arnie: "going twice"

Villain: "no!"

*MACHINE GUN*

Arnie: "......sold"

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Went to see The Equalizer tonight. I really liked it. It is just a whole lot of fun with lots of blood and violence (cut from an 18 to a 15 in the UK sadly though) and just enough story to keep it progressing along . Probably a little style over substance at times, a little too long at over 2-hours and it has its flaws, but I really enjoyed it. Denzel Washington is great as usual as well.

No cuts been made to The Equalizer at all.

• Paid Members

Run of the mill auctioneer with no big surprises.

1377813126_Celebrity-Big-Brother-201_7.j

?

Fucking iOS autocorrect driving me mad. I type enough of my own bollocks in without that helping.

Went to see The Equalizer tonight. I really liked it. It is just a whole lot of fun with lots of blood and violence (cut from an 18 to a 15 in the UK sadly though) and just enough story to keep it progressing along . Probably a little style over substance at times, a little too long at over 2-hours and it has its flaws, but I really enjoyed it. Denzel Washington is great as usual as well.

While I cannot see anything about cuts on the BBFC website, the website below says it was cut:

http://www.movie-censorship.com/news.php?ID=7899

• Paid Members

While I cannot see anything about cuts on the BBFC website, the website below says it was cut:

http://www.movie-censorship.com/news.php?ID=7899

It was pre-cut to get a 15 certificate. The BBFC advised them on how to get a 15 and they trimmed it themselves. I expect on homevideo release it will be uncut and rated 18.

• Paid Members

I watched the remake of Oldboy last night, I didnt enjoy it, havent seen the original.

I did enjoy Willow Creek though, im a mark for found footage films, the film is quite short (about 70 minutes) and is a creepy watch.

I think the original Oldboy is perhaps the most overrated film I've ever watched. For years I had friends and all sorts rave about this film, stuck it on and it was ok, but not this life changing thrill. "But the hammer scene...", piss off.

• Paid Members

I watched Blue Ruin last night, I had no idea what to expect, the only thing I knew about the movie was that it was from last year. It's an indie drama about a tramp that goes a bit Death Wish. It wasn't as good as other recent acclaimed violent drama Joe with Nicolas Cage but it was pretty cool, the main character is one of the most unlikely protagonists I've seen for a long time.

• Paid Members

Can someone please write in a spoiler tag for me if the ending of the Oldboy remake has a different twist to the original? I can't be arsed to watch it if it's the same but I'd check it out if I know there's something new. If it's different don't say what it is because I will probably watch it.

• Paid Members

Oldboy has been massively overrated. I thought it was really good but it's riddled with flaws and utter nonsense, much like all of Park's films. The whole Vengeance trilogy has been a bit of a disappointment to me. I still reckon Stoker and his contribution to the Three Extremes trilogy are the best thing he has done.

As for Blue Ruin, really enjoyed that and it was a really original take on the revenge drama, but I still think it had its problems. The opening half an hour or so is completely superb though. Nice surprise to see Buzz McAllister pop up in a film again as well.