• Paid Members

Word on the street is the Hardys wanted some degree of creative control and Double J wasn't playing ball. I also hear they're not taking bookings beyond May?

Little tidbits going forward. Notified by e-mail to the staff.

-Dutch is officially the head of creative while Jarrett officially has assumed Gaburick's old role as the overall direction setter. Chief Creative Officer is the title, I believe.

-Matt Conway has left the company. A few people over the years have referred to him as Dixie's stooge, simply being put on the creative team to report back to her.

-Bill Banks if off as well, but it's supposedly more a conincidence of timing.

-The way contracts are structured has been changed, though I've seen it suggested it's merely an update of the type of contacts introduced over the past couple of years. If I tried to explain it, I'd get it wrong. The usual people have detailed it nicely.

• Paid Members

Word on the street is the Hardys wanted some degree of creative control and Double J wasn't playing ball. I also hear they're not taking bookings beyond May?

April yes.

If there is anything WCW's death taught me, don't let ex-WWE talent have full creative control and run roughshot over the company. They took Dixie to the cleaners there. The Broken stuff was getting stale, only Final Deletion (the first one) popped a 410,000 rating, but went back to regular numbers since even TND didn't really do much.

I hope they bring back Kong for a night to piss off Reby Sky.

Edited by Psygnosis

So seriously, what are the chances of Broken Matt in WWE, as Broken Matt in all it's glory? I have a wonderful image of a stadium full of people stood giving it the "DELETE DELETE DELETE" chant, with a wide camera shot as per the Bryan YES chant, what an image that would be.

Edited by Ambulance Chaser

Apparently there is some talk that Hardy may not fully own the "broken" gimmick. He seems to think he does, whilst TNA think they do. It may end up going to court, so it may not be possible until that is resolved.

Sucks for TNA though, losing Hardy's and Galloway, when the former are reigning tag champions as well. 

Edited by Mr.E

• Paid Members

I'd be skeptical given Vince's fondness of acts developed outside of WWE. Would consider it more likely they returned like it was 2001 all over again.

Yep. He'll make Matt get the white streak out of his hair faster than he told Buh Buh Ray to put his Slapshot glasses back on. I would also bet he hasn't seen a second of footage of the gimmick or even know it exists.  

There will be delete chants which may give them an opening to explain it to Vince, but I think it'll be 2001 Hardy Boyz for a few months, then they'll get Jeff back in main events and kick Matt down to the midcard (where he belongs, to be honest.)

• Paid Members

In fairness, initially, there is probably more money to be made out of a nostalgia run in WWE for the first few months, if they actually bother giving them wins and treating them as big deals. They can then do the Broken gimmick thereafter. The Broken stuff has cooled down in recent months too.

Pitcos' suggestion of initially putting both brothers on different brands isn't too bad either, before going to the tag team deal. There are bills and bills to be made out of a solo Jeff Hardy run, without getting involved with the Broken stuff, while they can have Matt do his Broken Matt gimmick.

It's not that mental Vince deciding the gimmicks people know them best for is initially the way to go. It's a proven winner. They just need to not jabroni them like the Dudley's.

TBH, I'm more interested in a Jeff solo run on top of the card than him doing the Broken gimmick. His last WWE run was brilliant, despite nearly making a mess of it.

Edited by ColinBollocks