Got to give it to tna they got exactly what they said they wanted for the fans impact will be Friday nights less than 24hrs after the USA airing and ppvs will be live in the U.K. Not heard anything about numbers but with options with itv and possibly bt this must be a good deal for tna

And with them being back with Viacom you've got to think there's a good chance spike will be the new Home come January with what Ed has already had to say re the pop deal

Fair fucks to them, that's a good deal.

I don't watch the show, are they still referring to it as TNA on-screen or has that all been dropped now? Last time I saw it the show was Impact Wrestling but the titles were still TNA world championship, X-Division championship etc.

• Paid Members

Fair fucks to them, that's a good deal.

I don't watch the show, are they still referring to it as TNA on-screen or has that all been dropped now? Last time I saw it the show was Impact Wrestling but the titles were still TNA world championship, X-Division championship etc.

Tapings start tonight, we'll know more.

IMPACT Wrestling Announces New U.K. TV Deal with Spike UK

TORONTO | LONDON – Anthem Sports & Entertainment Corp. announced today a new broadcast deal for IMPACT Wrestling to be televised exclusively on Spike UK, making its flagship weekly show available throughout the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland.

From Spring 2017, IMPACT Wrestling, TNA pay-per-views, including One Night Only specials will be available on Spike UK, and TNA Xplosion exclusive to My5, which is part of the Channel 5 stable available on Sky TV (160), Freeview (31), Freesat (141), Virgin Media (154) and other DTT platforms.

New episodes of IMPACT Wrestling will premiere on Friday nights, quenching the appetite of U.K. fans to view IMPACT Wrestling within hours of the US premiere broadcast.

“Since our acquisition of IMPACT Wrestling, growing the brand in the UK has been one of our most important initiatives,” said Ed Nordholm, president of IMPACT Wrestling. “We are thrilled to be partnering with Spike UK to fill this important spot in their programme schedule and look forward to rebuilding our presence in the UK market. As one of the hottest wrestling scenes in the world right now, we look forward to taking an active role in the market, both on television and with live events.”

Anna-Belen Dunlop and Kris Graham, Acquisitions and Channel Managers of Spike UK, added: “We are excited that Spike will be the new exclusive home of IMPACT Wrestling in the UK With Anthem’s new leadership and founder Jeff Jarrett back, this is a watershed moment for the franchise, which is a perfect fit for our Spike audience.”

That Dixie Carter shade from Dunlop!

So, what do we think?

Spike TV is on Freeview so a good deal tbh.

And on the Ch5 network so presumably we could expect to see some promotion on the main channel... April 21 is a Friday. Should we assume they'll go straight into that week's episode?

And also being part of the Channel 5 group of channels, its very likely it will also be on My5 - the on demand app.  Something they didnt have with Challenge..

Edited by midlandsfirst

• Paid Members

One problem that may upset some is the press release states "UK & Republic of Ireland".  Spike isnt on the EPG in the Republic of Ireland.  You have to get it through the "add channels" option on satellite.  Its not available on cable as far as i know...

Will be on My5 on demand, something they did not have with Challenge.

One problem that may upset some is the press release states "UK & Republic of Ireland".  Spike isnt on the EPG in the Republic of Ireland.  You have to get it through the "add channels" option on satellite.  Its not available on cable as far as i know...

Yup.  Not sure if thats available in Ireland though as the press release says.  I wouldnt be surprised if Viacom geo-block it outside the UK.

• Paid Members

TNA was on Challenge's on demand/catch-up service.  At least it was on Sky.

Weird thing with Spike in the UK is that they don't have a HD channel, so the original broadcast of the show is in SD.... but then when shows go up on Spike's catch-up on demand service, they ARE available in HD.  Like with Bellator, you're better off waiting a day for it to go up on demand than you are watching the original (given it's on a week's delay anyway...).

Edited by Big Benny HG

• Paid Members

Yeah it was, My5 is on Virgin, Amazon, Roku, Chromecast (?), Sky, Talk Talk, BT TV, Freeview, Free Sat, YouView

Weird thing with Spike in the UK is that they don't have a HD channel, so the original broadcast of the show is in SD.... but then when shows go up on Spike's catch-up on demand service, they ARE available in HD.  Like with Bellator, you're better off waiting a day for it to go up on demand than you are watching the original (given it's on a week's delay anyway...).

Its not on a week's delay.  Its the day after US Broadcast.

"New episodes of IMPACT Wrestling will premiere on Friday nights, quenching the appetite of U.K. fans to view IMPACT Wrestling within hours of the US premiere broadcast."

Personally I'm not fussed about HD for stuff like wrestling.  As long as the content is there, Im happy.  Stuff like Game of Thrones is different but not wrestling.  Although its very rare I watch anything live these days anyway.

Edited by midlandsfirst