• Paid Members

Apparently ITV want a wrestling show on one of their stations, but dont actually want to pay the money out like they did for that World of Sport taping. Hopefully for TNA's sake they can get a nice little deal for them to air on ITV4 or something. I reckon that'd be perfect for TNA.

Here's the best one, apparently tonight's Impact has a match with Jeff Hardy in it. And they use a ref contracted to Lucha Underground. So TNA's had to blur the fucking refs face off!

C4y2jVeUcAIrUwo.jpg

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

To be honest, ITV4 would be massive. I hope they don't go in overcharging though, as I was pretty shocked they were getting $1m a year from Challenge TV. An outlet for Impact on what is essentially terrestrial TV these days, is worth much more to them than the money. 

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

Apparently ITV want a wrestling show on one of their stations, but dont actually want to pay the money out like they did for that World of Sport taping. Hopefully for TNA's sake they can get a nice little deal for them to air on ITV4 or something. I reckon that'd be perfect for TNA.

There's definitely something afoot. The meeting with Jarrett/Anthem people and ITV is today.

JR just posted this on his blog.

Had a meeting in Leicester with ITV so the matter of World of Sport returning to ITV isn't a dead issue by any stretch. Meetings are being held this week in Manchester to discuss the future. If pro wrestling returns to ITV, that would make WOS the most watched wrestling broadcast in the UK from day one thanks to the terrestrial power of ITV. ITV can be a star maker much like the early days of wrestling on TBS and eventually the USA Network.

• Paid Members

I think it's been well established that TNA fans don't want to pay for anything

Certain ones anyway.....

Completely slipped my mind, but gave me such a laugh.

There's definitely something afoot. The meeting with Jarrett/Anthem people and ITV is today.

JR just posted this on his blog.

Had a meeting in Leicester with ITV so the matter of World of Sport returning to ITV isn't a dead issue by any stretch. Meetings are being held this week in Manchester to discuss the future. If pro wrestling returns to ITV, that would make WOS the most watched wrestling broadcast in the UK from day one thanks to the terrestrial power of ITV. ITV can be a star maker much like the early days of wrestling on TBS and eventually the USA Network.

Despite my negativity of TNA....I would much prefer to watch them over that WOS show that popped up over new year. Thats strictly as a fan, and not anything against stopping people working etc. For me personally, that WOS thing was dire.

• Paid Members

That is beautifully poetic. Hopefully he'd get a decent colour guy as well. Don West? Get Tenay back in as "statto" like he was in WCW?