• Paid Members

Go on TNA Mecca, the home of faking a death, and the "diehard" fans won't buy ppvs and ask for streams.

That whole faking the death thing is probably the most entertaining TNA storyline in yonks.

Its been great watching it all unfold on Mecca and one Twitter. And who is the mysterious George?

I didn't buy it at first, but Chris Regal's "brother" turning up on Mecca and posting in his name to discuss Impact, all seems so very off.

A good summary from Hobbes at F4W :

Wait...is this Chris Regal dead? Or not dead? Wha?

It's a long story, but I wrote out a PM to someone trying to explain it and will just drop it here:

A couple weeks ago out of nowhere, Big Dawg, the other founder of Mecca, announced that Chris had passed away from cancer. Chris had never mentioned he had cancer even once, and even the ol' Dawg didn't know. Dawg claimed that Chris' family contacted him with the news. Chris had posted and moderated the site right up until a few days before he is said to have died. Obviously everyone is stunned, lots of TNA talent sends their regards, and it kind of settles down, until...

Two or three weeks after Chris' death, Rovert claims someone contacted him under Chris' twitter account. Shortly after someone posts to Mecca using Chris' account. The first day he just posts hello out of nowhere, claim's to be Chris' brother George (Who Chris never mentioned), and asks for Big Dawg. Big Dawg shows up later and seems to be a little uncomfortable that Chris' brother showed up out of the blue using Chris' account.

The next day, George randomly shows up and just starts posting about Impact as it happens. The user name has been changed to "George" but it's still Chris' account, with his avatar and admin tag. The posts are short and unlike Chris, are in all lower case. Keep in mind, George had never posted on his brother's site ever, and now he's there talking about Lashley and Aron Rex.

The next day George finally says that he came to the site because Chris' sister had been pressuring him to thank everyone at Mecca for the well wishes. During some brief conversations with other members, George mentions that "my nephew misses his father but he'll be ok". Chris was a openly gay man in his 40s who never mentioned having a son a single time. Not one anecdote. There were stories about drinking wine and getting into a fight with a boyfriend who threw an orange at him, but he never mentioned a son.

Last night, JH Chase, a poster and columnist on Mecca, posts that he thinks Chris has faked his death. He claims he knows Chris' real last name, can't find any sign of his death online, and feels like Chris has tricked everyone. He does confirm that Chris has a brother named George though. Most of Mecca gets angry at Chase and when Big Dawg comes back a few hours later, he deletes all of Chase' posts as well as every article he's written for the site.

I still think Chris is dead. A lot of people don't, but I do. I simply do not see the benefit in faking his death, and I think for all my problems with Chris, he was smart enough to fake it better than this. But even if he hasn't faked his death, we have this really weird situation where Chris spent thousands of hours running a community and didn't tell anyone (Including Big Dawg, who called Chris one of his closest friends) that he had terminal cancer or a son. We have a brother who had never posted on Chris' site in the years it existed now randomly showing up and using Chris' account. It's the most bizarre thing I've ever seen.

Edited by Benno

• Moderators

He's never dead. If I was to die tomorrow Id never say to my brother (who actually watches wrestling and George {the mysterious brother} apparently didnt) "Rhys, can you watch old episodes of NWA Pro for me and post on this forum about it, I had plenty of friends there, ones I've drank with, been to gigs and lapdancing bars with and got close to over the past few years. You can celebrate our friendship this way. Never mind through a 'thanks for the kind messages', but only through watching these old episodes of NWA Pro in my honour and discussing them. Who should be a top guy and so on so forth. Preferably opinions I have and you didn't think you'd agree with on first viewing of a wrestler but agree with mine as the match goes on. Here is my password, it's important as I'm wasting away. You also have full mod powers. Bit of a bonus".

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Same. My brother goes by "Beno" online so if he turns up on here when I'm gone, that's how you'll know. Supports Liverpool as well, the prick.

Reading all the above makes Regal's last tweet "posted by his family" all the more suspicious, doesn't it.

z2QOu59.jpg

• Paid Members

Not sure if this means anything, but GFW announcer Cyrus Fees has started following Impact Wrestling on Twitter. I haven't heard his stuff but I imagine he'd have to be an improvement on Josh Matthews if the Jeff Jarrett GFW takeover continues.

The sound of someone vomiting listening to Josh Matthews would be an improvement on Josh Matthews.

I do like the idea of Jarrett getting rid of all the twats from the old regime and bringing back Dutch and Scott D'Amore.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Faking a death by any means is abhorrent but seeing what my aunt went through 20 years, when my family were trying to hide the truth from us kids to protect us, then seeing through adult eyes my dad become a shell of a man less than 24 hours before he passed because the combination of the effects of chemotherapy and the infection taking hold and leaving him grey and barely able to talk, hits harder when I comes to reading about people's cancer battles

I don't think Chris has faked his own death digging a little deeper I think someone simply hacked into his tna Mecca account there's been no new posts on chris' twitter or facebook accounts

The poster was talking about family members chris has never mentioned before and the posts themselves were nothing like the ones he used to submit