Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Impact is live tonight isn't it? Usually a cue that something will happen at least.

 

Does anybody really care though? After years of "FORMER WORLD CHAMPION DEBUTING TONIGHT" and they mean former ECW champion (the wwe version as well) or former world tag team champion or something else equally as misleading.

 

Nobody over here will be watching it live, and I doubt many anywhere else will either.

  • Paid Members
Posted

One of the news sites I tend to read for results and minor news, has a premium section in which they have a lot of insider scoops (they seem to be pretty on the point usually, knowing about the likes of Hulk coming back years ago before a few of the other more known sites). They have one of their premium articles today about TNA contacting a US rap star about investing in the company. I'm not signed up so I'm taking a wild guess but a few weeks ago a US Rap artist called Wale (has worked with Usher and Rick Ross etc) made murmurings online after visiting WWE that he wanted to get into the wrestling business and start a promotion, asking Rick Ross for help and tweeting JR as well. It could be completely bogus and probably a long shot, but TNA is looking for outside investment and right now having two large American music names alongside Billy Corgan could get them some mainstream publicity and crossover they've not had for a few years. Wale was looking to build around guys like ACH, Ricochet etc as well. Three huge cash pots coming in plus the Carter's Money, it could give them another 6 months at least...

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

The Wale thing sounds like he wants to put on a few shows like Tommy Dreamer does. Where you do a meet and greet before the show and fill the card up with ex-WWE names. He was looking into doing a WrestleMania weekend show at one point. He sounds way to smart to actually want to get into running a full time promotion. You'd be better off flushing your money down the toilet if you want to get into wrestling on a 52 week a year level.

 

Anyway, they had Toby Keith there 2 years ago actually wanting to buy them. And they had the Spike deal, meaning TNA would have been worth 10 times more than it is now. You have to think what TNA actually has that is worth investing in? Wouldnt you just set up a company on your own like Jarrett has? Sure he's not doing fuck all, but at least he isnt losing money.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay
Posted

I might be wrong, but along with this "TNA looking for investor" news, didn't it come out that Dixie would actually contemplate selling this time around?

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I honestly can't see the difference any investors would make though, what do they have to spend money on?

This isn't 2002 with guys like Sting and Kevin Nash sat at home doing fuck all.

Every big name is under a legends contract and no one is going to leave the WWE, even if they're coming to the end of their deals.

There's no point spending money going live every week and booking big arenas when no fucker will come. 

As I said before, all TNA can do now is to rehab their reputation as best they can by producing straightforward, decent TV that makes sense, and keep plodding along.

Edited by garynysmon
Posted

I turned off TNA recently. Their current roster has no debt. I just can't watch it no longer.

 

I simply refuse to watch anything with 'Crystal' Meth Hardy and Tyrus Cellulite.

 

Get off my freaking TV. Straight up legit 'change the channel' heat.

 

It also broke my heart to see James Storm again in TNA after nxt....Hè must be so depressed by now.

 

And for some reason I always hear just white noise when Eric Young cuts promo's.

 

Sorry guys I am tapping out on TNA.

  • Paid Members
Posted

WrestleUk is already searching Twitter for a love stream!

That's generally what a lot of us use the internet for.
Posted

Blimey, it was a very newsworthy show last night when they returned to Orlando ...

 

 

Jeff Hardy beats Eric Young getting revenge for injuring him before the UK tapings. Dixie said mid-match that the winner gets added to the Matt Hardy vs EC3 World Title match later in the show, making it a Triple Threat.

 

Lashley beats up Josh Matthews and The Pope attempted to make the save.

 

Grado beats Eli Drake in a Ladder Match with Grado's new contract hanging from the ceiling. If Eli won he would have been able to rip up the contract.

 

Jeff Hardy's alter-ego Willow returned in backstage segment which freaked Eric Young out.

 

The triple threat went to a no-contest following interference from Eric Young, Bram, Tyrus, Rockstar Spud, and Mike Bennett.

 

Drew Galloway comes out to cash in his Feast or Fired briefcase and wins the World Title.

 

  • Moderators
Posted (edited)

Willow again? Other than that, reading yon spoilers, it appears to be a decent enough show.

Edited by PowerButchi
Posted

Gotta be honest, Willow entertains the shit out of me and I kind of saw this coming so i shall end my 2 week hiatus of Impact. I'm so weak.....

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...