• Paid Members
Okay, so that's Germany. What about the rest of this "most of Europe" that you claim?

youd have to look online for exact numbers but i recently read it has around a 20% advantage in spain and similar numbers in france im not sure if the networks each are on are available in more or less homes than each other but impact is doing higher numbers

That's still not "most of Europe", is it? Because it's bollocks, that's why.

• Moderators

Indeed. More people may watch the programme available to something like 95% of the population (though not that many more) but the proof of the pudding is in things like who sells far more tickets than the other despite doing longer tours and coming over twice rather than once, who's company T-shirts are you more likely to see, who people mention on social media, the company people pay

That's not what they're claiming though.

They're claiming that they have the number one rated wrestling television show in the UK. And they do.

• Paid Members
That's just Raw and Smackdown, though. Superstars and all that is on Sky One, isn't it?

Superstars doesnt make the BARB top 10 for Sky one so theres no data for it (but its less than 300,000)

I was responding to the point about people watching Raw through other sources. WWE have a few catch-up shows and repeats throughout the week on multiple channels, so their combined audience in the UK is possibly a different tale to their first-run audience. Impact + Impact repeats + Explosion vs Raw + Raw repeats + Smackdown + Smackdown repeats + NXT + Superstars + whatever other catchup shows are out there is the real audience point.

Imagine how shocked you would be to go into the local news agents and see TNA stickers for sale or TNA magazines. WWE are miles ahead of TNA, but you can't really blame TNA for shouting about the one thing they beat WWE at (even if it is on a technicality.)

Has there ever been a UK TNA sticker book? You'd think they'd be able to get a deal for that, at least.

A few years ago, there would be TNA things in supermarkets sometimes. I remember them selling those big dolls/figures of Sting and AJ Styles.

btnadx_01.jpg

And every Home Bargain in the country has probably still got about ten of these they can't flog:

61d5tV4YGwL.jpg

Somehow, their merchandising seems to have gotten worse over the last five years.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

I dont know whats going on there. Merchandise should be easy to sell. Collectors will buy them and kids buy anything. When I was a kid, anything with wrestling on I'd get. Knockoffs, WCW wrestlers I'd never heard of, fat blokes from Captain Planet I'd colour in black and pretend he was Mable. Even if you arent super popular kids will buy them. Especially if its Jeff Hardy. I remember in 2005 when they new on Spike you'd see Lance Hoyt figures all over ASDA. Lance Hoyt! I actually have the 3 Live Kru knocking about somewhere, because I had to have them. Somewhere along the line they've decided to prioritize in the wrong areas. Their merchandise line is the pits.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
Would that be something to do with Don West's departure?

West was the bloke who shilled it, he wasnt the one who licensed it. Him leaving was a massive loss, though. He was pretty much threatening people to buy their shit at arenas. I always thought he should have had a Events Centre type segment were he'd give you the number and take you through the merch. He was a cracking salesman. Wouldnt be shocked if he turns up for Jarretts promotion.

Surely nothing has to be as shit as this: Terry Taylor 'Legends of the Ring' figure.

There were about twenty of them in 'The Entertainer' in Sheffield for ages.

:laugh: When I used to work in Toy Master we had loads. I even asked the manager but she wasn't clued up. Honestly I just said "why have we got so many Terrific Terry's in?" No straight answer was given to me. Every toy shop must have been flooded with them. I mean we barely had a John Cena in, but Terry Taylor was all over the shop. Nothing more heart breaking than at Christmas some mother would come in and ask "is there any wrestling figures" and you'd point them towards half a dozen Terry Taylors before she walked out.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

It wasn't that long ago that the TNA range in our local Entertainer store was a lot bigger than the WWE range. And it wasn't surplus stock. Well, it probably was, but they only had a couple of WWE things and a wide range of different TNA shit. Now I think there's only New Japan Hogan, Kevin Nash and Suicide figures there.

I noticed they've expanded the WWE range in our Toys R Us lately, too. That's my measuring stick for how well WWE is doing over here- Toys R Us shelf space, how many pages in the Argos catalogue and how many DVDs are in the Asda general interest chart.

It wasn't that long ago that the TNA range in our local Entertainer store was a lot bigger than the WWE range. And it wasn't surplus stock. Well, it probably was, but they only had a couple of WWE things and a wide range of different TNA shit. Now I think there's only New Japan Hogan, Kevin Nash and Suicide figures there.

The Entertainer never got the Mattel WWE line in for ages, I assume because Mattel were charging a lot more for them than Jakks did. Forbidden Planet International took ages to stock any Mattel WWE as well, and I think they only ever got one or two series in total. The Entertainer still only sells the odd bit of Mattel WWE tat. Although they did do WWE jigsaws for

Just got done watching Impact from last night, an ok show but what irritated me about it was that main event

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

If that's AJ's last ever TNA match, then that sums up how stupid TNA are. I get the whole Dixie's rules thing but seriously you book your longest serving star to go out like that? Fighting off not only Magnus (who was made to look like a lackey instead of a World Champion) but also EC3, Spud, Bad Influence, Roode, Zema Ion and the freaking Bromans with only a nackered Sting for back up. It was like the DX/McMahons match at Summerslam 06 in reverse

Edited by RIDDUM_N_STYLE