Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Moderators
Posted

From the looks of last night's Evolve show TNA passed on Davey Richards too. So if he's going to Orlando, it's on Holiday.

Posted
15 fucking quid for a wrestler? What a rip off. More than 50p at a car boot is, to be honest. Don't think I ever paid more than a fiver for one as a kid. Can't believe they are that extortionate nowadays.

 

Loads of kids thing have gone like that.

Everything has. I'm sure adults top bus fare was about 50p when I was at school.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Those wrestling figure prices are very high. If you want to have a Survivor Series match, just think how much that would set you back!

 

On the contrary, in comparison I don't think playsets are as expensive (taking into account inflation and the toy market going up in general). I always wanted the sewer for TMNT as a kid but it was too expensive, so I had to do with making one out of boxes from our local Nisa store and empty toilet rolls.

 

Lego and Duplo are quite expensive, but you can get some decent affordable stuff if you look. Playmobil on the other hand is just outright extortionate. Mega Blocks are excellent value, though.

Posted

Was there any need to have Dixie Carter in practically every segment of the most recent episode of impact? Overkill much.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Really? I haven't found that with Mega Blocks. Been looking at stuff for my sons birthday and he's into Duplo now, which is quite expensive. Saw a Thomas Mega Blocks set that was very cheap considering what you got for your money, the same price would get about a fifth of Duplo bricks. Shame, as we've got rid of his old Mega Blocks.

 

This is what TNA has come to, it's so shit we're talking about construction toys!

Posted

Regarding the price of old wrestling figures, anyone have any idea how much the WCW Galoobs cost? Must have been pretty cheap considering everyone had that Sting & Luger 2-Pack.

 

TNA's lack of a proper, widely available, toyline is something thats puzzled me for ages. As people here are always saying, TNA is pretty good at being a tv show, it's hard to imagine any other tv show with so many kids watching that would pass up on doing one of then most obvious tie ins (I know TNA figures do exist, but if I were 6 I wouldn't) especially when they have/had Jeff Hardy, Sting and to a lesser degree Manik who all wear getup that would probably have sold the toys to me without ever seeing them wrestle. Jeff goes through that many different facepaint/costume changes and colours he's a repaint, one in every series dream come true

Posted
Regarding the price of old wrestling figures, anyone have any idea how much the WCW Galoobs cost? Must have been pretty cheap considering everyone had that Sting & Luger 2-Pack.

 

TNA's lack of a proper, widely available, toyline is something thats puzzled me for ages. As people here are always saying, TNA is pretty good at being a tv show, it's hard to imagine any other tv show with so many kids watching that would pass up on doing one of then most obvious tie ins (I know TNA figures do exist, but if I were 6 I wouldn't) especially when they have/had Jeff Hardy, Sting and to a lesser degree Manik who all wear getup that would probably have sold the toys to me without ever seeing them wrestle. Jeff goes through that many different facepaint/costume changes and colours he's a repaint, one in every series dream come true

 

Perhaps someone advised them selling figures wouldn't be good for business as TNA is what you would say is a teen to adult demographic whereas WWE is PG and figures are bought more by children to open and play with rather than adults who collect figures and don't take them out the box.

  • Paid Members
Posted
:-)

I must admit I've never looked at Thomas stuff. Is that chunky size blocks? The Halo bits are regular Lego size and they're 20 pounds for a small vehicle with a couple of minifigs, which is why we never bought a lot of them.

Big blocks, like Duplo. Even bigger I think.

Posted
Regarding the price of old wrestling figures, anyone have any idea how much the WCW Galoobs cost? Must have been pretty cheap considering everyone had that Sting & Luger 2-Pack.

 

TNA's lack of a proper, widely available, toyline is something thats puzzled me for ages. As people here are always saying, TNA is pretty good at being a tv show, it's hard to imagine any other tv show with so many kids watching that would pass up on doing one of then most obvious tie ins (I know TNA figures do exist, but if I were 6 I wouldn't) especially when they have/had Jeff Hardy, Sting and to a lesser degree Manik who all wear getup that would probably have sold the toys to me without ever seeing them wrestle. Jeff goes through that many different facepaint/costume changes and colours he's a repaint, one in every series dream come true

 

Perhaps someone advised them selling figures wouldn't be good for business as TNA is what you would say is a teen to adult demographic whereas WWE is PG and figures are bought more by children to open and play with rather than adults who collect figures and don't take them out the box.

 

So why would they make them ??

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

TNA's 18-49 audience doesn't crack the top 50 in their time slot. Their demos are shite. And thats forgetting that the idea of selling toys would be bad for them is completely mental.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay
Posted

It wouldn't surprise me if they make some figures to satisfy the adult wrestling collector market.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...