Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

Another fantastic Monday Night War timeline from SCG Radio. So good it's made me forget that abomination of a "trial" on the Undertaker :)

Ā 

http://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/e/scg-radio-96-the-monday-night-war-in-september-1998/

Ā 

It's funny that the timeline started the first full year with the plan to do 6 months of 1996 at a time. Then it went quarterly once the nWo rocked up, bi-monthly once Austin kicked into gear and for September 1998, they've gone to one month per show. There really is that much happening. Can't wait for the October show.

Ā 

I've been listening to the 1996 timelines again. Such a good listen. Liam's selected the notes from Meltzer brilliantly.

Ā 

I know I've said this before but imagine WWE producing a show like this on the Network. Complete with interviews with Vince and Bischoff and highlights of the best and worst of TV. They'd get 200 episodes out of it and it would cost them next to nothing. Except the royalties to Liam for nicking his idea!

• Moderators

Luke Gallows is just another "Albert was good in Japan". He's never been good, to the point Vince forgot he even worked there before.

Ā 

I disagree there. He had blinders with The Undertaker and Kozlov of all people. Had a great match with Scott Steiner in HoH. And he's more loved for his personality than any super Japanese work anyway.

Ā 

But yeah, perfectly acceptable hoss.

Zack Gibson is on Tuesday Night Jaw and is absolutely brilliant, laugh out loud funny and a great story teller. His adventures in China especially got me.

Agreed, he totally nailed that lass though even if he wasn't admitting it!!

• Paid Members

Ā 

Ā 

Luke Gallows is just another "Albert was good in Japan". He's never been good, to the point Vince forgot he even worked there before.

I disagree there. He had blinders with The Undertaker and Kozlov of all people. Had a great match with Scott Steiner in HoH. And he's more loved for his personality than any super Japanese work anyway.

Ā 

But yeah, perfectly acceptable hoss.

Here is that cracking Gallows/Festus vs Koslov match. Just two hosses beating ten bells of shit out of each other -
Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members

I want to echo Rick on SCG.

It has so much potential for the network but would never happen with the ego's involved.

Ā 

I can't wait for the next one.

Ā 

I have trouble sleeping, so listen to radio 4 to nod off. I've replaced that with SCG radio as it soothes me off with it's wonderful chat, laughs and friendly feel. It's like nodding off after a 10th pint in the pub with a mate.

Edited by Tommy!

• Paid Members

Russo v Disco is the best fued in wrestling right now, i could listen to them taking shots at each other all day.

There was an episode a few back where Russo opened the show by apologising to Disco and saying he'd no longer be taking shots at him on the show. Skip 40 minutes forward, they'd argued again and Russo went back to calling him Glen Gilbernetti.

Ā 

The weekly news recap with those two and Jeff Lane is probably my favorite wrestling podcast.

Owens is cool as fuck. Has went in, put in effort, watched, listened, done right things and impressed the right people. If he could body swap cessaro Vince would die on the spot

Edited by Louch

• Awards Moderator

Yeah, Owens is great on that. He's such a likeable bloke and clearly has love for the business and his peers. The Cena story is great as is his admiration/respect for Zayn. I could listen to him read the local chippy menu and be charmed by him.