Post yer Plimsolls !!

RancidPunx

57 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

spacer.png

You can’t blame anyone for not wanting to spend £100-£300 on a pair of trainers but since when did charity shops start stocking knock off’s? This one by me has tons of these and Armani ones. Guaranteed my Nan would have been rocking up to our house with three pairs of these for me and my brothers just like the time she convinced me that “Ladies” is how you spell “Laddy’s” when I had no trainers for sports day in primary school but she randomly had a spare pair of so called lads trainers.

To be fair, they probably don't know, but someone will hopefully tell them as they fall under the same rules as other shops in regards to Trading Standards.

Every time I see a fake football shirt I tell them and they (usually) take them off sale.

One of the shop managers was once telling me that Trading Standards visit them quite frequently because of the high probability that they could have counterfeit items on sale.

The other week I was in one and they had a pair of trainers on sale for ÂŁ150. I honestly can't remember what they were, maybe Yeezys? But they were legit. Some trainer collector was in there and did all the usual checks and was happy they were authentic.

So unless they have someone working there who knows what to look for, chances are they'll still stock fakes.

6 hours ago, RancidPunx said:

Anybody have any minimalist or “barefoot” shoes ?

Have a pair myself and they are like the boots of a wetsuit. 

I have a few pairs of Vivo barefoot shoes. One trail running, one every day pair and a pair I wear for work. I love them, except when I stand on a fairly hefty stone. 

1 minute ago, Joe Blog said:

I have a few pairs of Vivo barefoot shoes. One trail running, one every day pair and a pair I wear for work. I love them, except when I stand on a fairly hefty stone. 

Did you find it hard to “break” them in ?

i seen one pair of vivo’s that were actually decent looking a while back. Actually a nice shoe, they stopped selling it then :(

Any particular pair that you would recommend for work ?

How long have you been wearing them and do you feel any benefit from them ?

I found them really easy to wear from the get go so no discomfort or such. It was an odd feeling at first with just how much more sensory input you got from your feet. 

I wear the Primus Knit II for work, they are very comfortable. I also have a pair of Primus Lite III in fire cracker red which was a limited edition. 

About 2 years I have been wearing them now, can't really say of I have benefited from them. I find them very comfy though. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I just got these and am ludicrously happy with them. From the recent Vans horror range (and the last pair I could find online in my size) - a gift from my partner, who I think hates them but finds my enthusiasm for them endearing. At least I hope so. Nightmare on Elm Street themed sneakers. They have a little bit of leather on the inside, which is the first pair of non-vegan shoes I've bought in a long time, but I wasn't going to be able to find a vegan pair of these.

HO21_Lifestyle_VansxHorror_group_1-1-e1633035428894.jpg.65aeb143cf47266b697d49dbac7c67ac.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

@johnnyboyThose shoes are amazing! Wish I’d seen those before ordering these yesterday:

3E75D682-17EF-46A4-AA96-E1581C6C38E4.thumb.jpeg.3f202fb2520b14089712c6de82579859.jpeg

I couldn’t decide between the 3 so I ordered them all to see which ones I like before sending two pairs back. I need some theme park shoes for Florida. Only thing is, the bottom two are canvas so won’t be good in the rain so I might end up sending them back if I’m not in love with them right away.