Raw discussion. 15/10/12 ***Spoilers***

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decent show. Ryback/Punk has definitely been rushed as they were obviously building towards Cena/Punk and to be honest, I was looking forward to seeing that match inside HIAC but all I can think is that Cena won't be ready in time, unless they add him next week of course.I don't really want Ryback winning the title yet, I want Punk to keep it until the Rumble and then face Rock but obviously a loss would hurt his momentum so it's a tough one.

• Paid Members

There are ways he can lose and still stay strong, but they do involve interference from someone important and then him battering them. I'd be tempted to go with Ryback vs Lesnar rather than Triple H vs Lesnar at this point.

This.HHH vs Lesnar wasn't that great the first time anyway, certainly not compared to Cena vs Lesnar, and HHH certainly doesn't need his win/heat back.

• Paid Members

It was the biggest buyrate a SummerSlam has done for years. Triple H vs Lesnar seems a dead cert. Especially with the babyface getting his revenge. Its a hot program between two big attractions. And Triple H returns always do well.How do you work out Triple H doesn't need his heat back? He's just retired after having his arm broke. How do you expect him to return without getting his revenge? He didn't cut his hair and cry about not having it anymore to be brought out of retirement by Health Slater.

• Paid Members

You use the heat to put over someone new who's going to do more than one or two PPVs a year...

And Ryback losing isn't going to do that at all, though. Lesnar and Triple H is a proven draw. Ryback isn't. And to continue his momentum, he shouldn't be losing. And if Lesnar does a run in, Ryback needs immediate revenge. When you going to do that? TLC?Its to early for Ryback to lose. Ryback has been on TV since April, but in reality, he's only been around since 3 weeks ago. Nobody gave a toss about him, yet in the last few weeks people look at him like he's the man. If he wins the belt, you can do Punk vs Ryback in December, with Punk winning the title back off him. The length of Punk's title reign means nothing. Rock vs CM Punk is more than enough of a selling point at an event like the Royal Rumble. I doesn't need anymore smoke and mirrors. And Punk would be the first man to beat Ryback, which strengthens his chances against the Rock. If you want to have Lesnar doing a run in, do it in December, when Ryback is established as a headliner.

Out of left field, but Punk and a band of hired miscreants (not Lesnar, as it would just complicate the Trippers/Lesnar arc) could put Ryback out of action for a bit.They could take him back to HQ put him on an intensive 'not being shit' course, bank on the absence-makes-the-heart-grow-fonder rationale, let Cena take his spot back against Punk and bring Ryback back at the Rumble as a surprise entrant, killing everybody and ending the show with him marching like a twat and Punk shaking in his boots in the back. Just a thought.

Is the idea of Ryback facing, and beating, The Rock at Royal Rumble completely inconceivable?

Yes. Imagine the build: Rock doing all his promos, probably calling him a peanut-head, with Ryback just standing there looking angry and shaking. It's not exactly Heath Slater.

Is the idea of Ryback facing, and beating, The Rock at Royal Rumble completely inconceivable?

Yes. Imagine the build: Rock doing all his promos, probably calling him a peanut-head, with Ryback just standing there looking angry and shaking. It's not exactly Heath Slater.
I was thinking perhaps Ryback vs. Rock at Royal Rumble but having an interference in that match. Cena turning heel in this title match by interference so Ryback keeps the title and the Rock/Cena match has a different dynamic. It's just a suggestion of course, and it'd be a big risk considering they know Cena/Rock II would draw very well just how it is. He doesn't need to turn fully-fledged heel, he could just be less goody two shoes. If that were the case though, why would Cena not want Rock to have the title? Cena would surely want to grab the title if he could. And by interfering, is Cena not confident enough in Ryback's ability to beat The Rock? Fuck, too many questions. I'll try think of a better scenario.I don't mind the technicality idea on paper but I think people are wanting to see someone fresh get the title and want their faith rewarded. As someone said before, the chase is better than having the title for a face so that needs to be factored in. He would need to keep the title for a bit before losing it. I think Brock lost it at just about the right time at Survivor Series 02. I was disappointed he'd lost it but obviously he'd proven he wasn't a flash in the pan by that point.

Archived