Raw discussion. 15/10/12 ***Spoilers***

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

The problem with having an ustoppable monster that hasn't (and probably can't) wrestled a proper match or cut a proper promo is that the minute they are stopped there career is usually completely fucked from that point onwards.

Let's just hope that Ryback isn't as shit as everyone thinks he is.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hey shouldn't have to wait for the Rock and Lesnar to get off the sunbed and join us in a few months. If there's a choice between creating a new star and setting up a match involving the Rock (who's never there), the no brainer is you roll the dice on creating someone who could actually be a massive star.

But they are. The Rock is getting a shot at the Rumble. They've been building this now for ages. Whatever we think or want to happen, is pointless, The Rock is going to face someone at the Royal Rumble for the title. It cannot be Ryback.

But then Punk is the hottest heel in the company, so having him not involved at all in the main event picture would be pretty rubbish.

Meh, fuck Punk at this point. He's the least of their concerns. Ryback's gotta to be the priority.

Whatever we think or want to happen, is pointless, The Rock is going to face someone at the Royal Rumble for the title. It cannot be Ryback.

This. If Ryback wins, which he should, they need to think of a way of getting him to drop the title by January and protecting him if they're going to keep that. If this was 1999 Ryback could win, Punk could kidnap a McMahon and threaten to kill them unless he gets awarded the title. I'm rather glad it's not.

If this was 1999 Ryback could win, Punk could kidnap a McMahon and threaten to kill them unless he gets awarded the title. I'm rather glad it's not.

If they pack on any more hours of TV it's probably going to come to that. 3 hours of Raw, Smackdown, Superstars, Main Event and NXT. I used to bleat about not being able to watch Heat when I was younger. Anyway, I'm not so sure a hostage angle is a bad idea.

I think an extended run as champion for Ryback could be just as damaging as a short one. Faces can make for shite champions. Give him the belt for a week, lose it in shocking , non damaging circumstances and then have an extended chase to get it back. That way he has already been established as a champion and will carry that momentum and we'll get a nice long chase angle.

Sorted.

Miz' promo on Kofi was canny. Judging by that kick he must have hit a nerve, poor lad looked goosed.

I'd like to see Ryback get a DQ win, preferably with a Lesnar run-in and the aforementioned tag match at the next PPV. I'd still like to see Rock vs Punk at the Rumble and there's no point dropping Punk's reign for what seems to be a patchwork job with Ryback.

3MB are class. The kind of group that aren't suited at all and end up together on one of the SD VS RAW career modes with 'generic' titantron and music....but they make it work. Drew McIntyre's visibly loving getting his teeth into his first actual angle in months and Jinder lashing out Indian phrases every now and again is proper funny.

• Paid Members
I think an extended run as champion for Ryback could be just as damaging as a short one. Faces can make for shite champions. Give him the belt for a week, lose it in shocking , non damaging circumstances and then have an extended chase to get it back. That way he has already been established as a champion and will carry that momentum and we'll get a nice long chase angle.

Or the loss exposes him as just another big bloke and he's doing jobs to Alberto Del Rio on Smackdown. Ryback needs protecting because he isn't very good. If they start handling him like everyone else on the roster and giving him short cuts out of finishes and stuff like that, he'll lose all this momentum and people will not be into him. You either run with him or you don't.

I think its all or nothing for Ryback for me. They are either going to create a big star with him or he's going to be Tenasied.

• Paid Members
This wont though. No way.

It already has. I would still bet 99% of my worldly possessions, including my nieces we will get Punk vs Rock at Royal Rumble for the belt, but this Ryback thing wasn't on the cards a few weeks ago. Business is the lowest its been since 1997 in terms of attracting viewership. Partly down to the 3 hour Raws, partly down to things on the other side being far more interesting, but a large part of it is that there is nobody in WWE who is worth watching outside one or two people. John Cena is currently injured. That must have been a bucket of water in the face, realising there was nobody to put against Punk at Hell in a Cell. They need new stars and they need them fast. There's a good chance they think Ryback is the man to do it.

I agree with Ian, I think he is getting the belt. Having Cena cheerleader for him has further cemented Ryback as a face with championship credentials. Whether he can work or not isn't relevant at this point. It's sensible as it protects an injured Cena and it gives Ryback the rub with the fans while they figure out where to go next.

I've just noticed that the hell in the cell Ppv is in Atlanta Georgia.wcw land and the home of bill Goldberg. Does anybody think that a large section of the crowd will absolutely shat all over ryback with these Goldberg chants?

• Paid Members
If Ryback loses in a Hell in the Cell match, he's pretty much dead on his arse. Hell in the Cell is where there is supposedly no where to run for the heel, so him losing his first match in that environment could be a big fuck up.

Another thing is that Ryback hasn't actually beat anyone of note, he hasn't cut a promo and he hasn't worked more than 4 minutes before. If Ryback loses, the bloke has taken a bullet which he probably isn't good enough to recover from. He's caught on because he's an unstoppable monster. As soon as you make a character like that look vulnerable, he's pretty much fucked. They better have a plan for this.

I think he's winning the belt to be honest. I think the WWE fans are desperate for a new hero. People are saying "it screws up plans for the Rock" and "Lesnar could do a run in", but WWE needs stars now. They shouldn't have to wait for the Rock and Lesnar to get off the sunbed and join us in a few months. If there's a choice between creating a new star and setting up a match involving the Rock (who's never there), the no brainer is you roll the dice on creating someone who could actually be a massive star.

The first ever Hell in a Cell featured Undertaker killing Shawn Michaels... then losing because of Kane debuting.

Lesnar, who has supposedly quit, coming out and costing Ryback the match would be massive, and because Lesnar has quit, the chase of Lesnar is the post HIAC storyline for Ryback. Easy really.

• Paid Members

Undertaker and Ryback are on a completely different planet. Ryback is an over rookie. Undertaker was a huge star. Lesnar coming out to hammer Ryback isn't going to solve matters either, because that would mean Ryback had to wrestle Lesnar and to get his heat back by beating Lesnar, which would murder any sort of build for Lesnar vs Triple H at WrestleMania.

People are talking like Ryback is a star. He's not. Not yet anyway. That depends on how they handle him. And considering the only thing he has going for him is this undefeated gimmick, him losing isn't needed at all. He's just another bloke if he loses.

Archived