Raw discussion. 15/10/12 ***Spoilers***

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Alright Raw that. Some funny stuff on it. Also, its Ryback in Atlanta at the PPV. Just like Goldberg. Surely he has to win, doesn't he? He's over, he's jacked and he's got a beard. What more do you want?

The reason I think Ryback might win is because of how rushed this all seems. And rushed in wrestling normally means plans have changed. Ryback seems like someone they are getting behind. He's worth a go.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another decent RAW although it did drag a little in places. I really hope that once Sheamus is done fannying about with Big Show he has a proper feud with Barrett, it's not often you get two people having brilliant matches on back-to-back episodes and i really think they could do something special.

I'm actually starting to get behind the 3MB although when they first ran out i thought the Aces & 8's had jumped ship. Still with any luck this'll actually go somewhere and not get forgotten in a months time.

Another great ending this week as well which made Ryback look like a million bucks, i'm still in two minds about whether or not he should beat Punk but either way i'm looking forward to HIAC.

That was pretty decent....I think Ian may be right and they are going to give Ryback the belt...and why not? He has been great in his role, and the crowd are clearly behind him...even if its just for a couple of months and he gets screwed outta the title so Punk can go on to face The Rock with it, they can have him win it back further down the line knowing he was cheated in some way to get it off him.

I guess Cena's arm is still pretty messed up, so they didnt want to take the risk....either that or he somehow gets into it next week.

Glad to see 3MB getting a better gimmick instead of coming out in their trunks, and i see that they got Drew in shades and a leather jacket like one of the guys on here suggested!

Kofi-Miz should be good, both decent performers. Ziggler REALLY needs to do something. His continuous losing, and or NOT backing up what he says makes his character seem shite. He goes on about how he is the show off etc...then loses.I'm not even sure if thats his actual gimmick or they have better things to do, but surely they could have him winning so that when he does cash in the MITB contract it might actually be believable if/when he wins it..

• Paid Members

From what I saw it was a good Raw. I had to rush through alot of it this morning so I could watch it all before work.

Ryback bouncing Punks head off of the table was a good little spot. Punk seems to be messing up alot of his words alately, I've picked up on it a few times.

Also, Punk seems to talk to Heyman like hes a servant now, a little bit like Alberto and Ricardo.

3MB looked better in their gimmick attire and them being hauled out of the bar was fun.

Hopefully Brock Lesnar costs Ryback the match or something then we get CM Punk and Lesnar vs Ryback and Cena at Survivor Series, I reckon that'd be great.

Hell in a Cell is on Sky Sports isnt it?

the Big Show vs Sheamus feud can fuck off, its so dull. but Sheamus continues to have class matches with anyone so at least the match at HIAC should be decent.

The rest was pretty good, whats actually wrong with Mysterio then? 3MB could be entertaining as a goofy dickhead group, theres a bunch of potential there. A fired up Kofi might be something to keep an eye on too but much like Ziggler its probably too little too late for him.

Cesaros Uppercut turns me on, its a thing of awesome, powerful beauty.

I can't stand Ryback. Really, I can't.

He's a big, Festus-y spaz.

He marches like he's trying to stretch out a pulled glute, his arm raise-y thing looks like he's controlled by strings and in the face he looks a bit like squidworth from Spongebob. But, on steroids.

The thing is, Ryback is now in danger of becoming exactly what Dolph Ziggler said he'd become. Ryback HAS to take the title at HIAC. A loss, no matter how dirty the finish is will take away a lot of his momentum.

I'm thinking the match itself might go to a no-contest, with Ryback dominating the whole time, bouncing Punk around the Cell. As soon as the door to the Cell is open, Punk can high-tail it out of the arena. I think that's probably the best way to protect the Ryback character as much as possible, that is if they aren't putting the strap on him though.

Other Raw thoughts:

Kofi booting Miz in the head made me cringe, especially when they showed the slow-mo.

Damien Sandow is the best thing not in the main event. Would love to see him pick up one of the main titles in the next year or so.

Is Brodus Clays goose cooked? Having the "currently in the ring" jobber entrance is never a good sign.

• Paid Members

I'm calling it:

Match is re-booked as triple threat with Cena

Punk works Cena's elbow throughout, Ryback also knocks it a couple of times when aiming for Punk

Lesnar runs down, rips one of the cell walls off, brawls with Ryback

Back and forth brawling that spills backstage

Punk beats an injured and helpless Cena, after a near huge comeback

Setting up a Survivor Series tag match

Ryback doesn't lose (as much) momentum as he was dragged backstage with Lesnar, Cena doesn't lose heat as he was 'not medically cleared' etc etc and Punk is still champion to keep the Royal Rumble match VS The Rock in plans.

Archived