Raw discussion. 15/10/12 ***Spoilers***

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
And Carbomb is just wrong on the Undertaker vs Ryback thing. Can't be arsed to write more than the obvious, because I wouldnt know where to start.

Try.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Well then, I'll make a brief retort. Your condescension notwithstanding, I think you're wrong, and at least one other person disagrees with you, so it's clearly not "obvious".

Other than that, we'll have to agree to disagree.

I have a question, is Ryback as physically strong as he needs to be for his gimmick to work full time?

I've only ever seen him do his ShellShock-on-two-people deal on very skinny jobbers and I seem to remember he cocked up lifting Tensai once.

It'll be shit if he's being pushed as an absolute freak of nature, whilst on the same show All-smiling-all-friendly Johnny Cena is showing him up by dead lifting the Big Show.

To be fair, Batista abandoned the powerbomb almost entirely in the end because he was so shit at getting anyone who wasn't Chavo up properly.

His clothesline is decent, especially when people get turned inside out by it.

I just have a horrible feeling that when they open him up a bit his actual ability will be a major drag on his presence and aura.

I think the people saying about him working twenty minute main events will be pleasantly surprised by him pulling his weight at Hell In A Cell. Having the cell there is going to make it easier to work, no doubt about it. Obviously the finish might leave people unsatisfied, but on reflection of the match I reckon his work in the match will be fine. Of course there's a difference between a normal match and a Hell In A Cell, so it's not a definitive answer on whether he can hang in the main event but they just need to use shortcuts and smoke and mirrors rather than have him wrestle a 'normal' formula match. Just by having different style matches, he'll stand out more than he already does.

And I'd say they were right to have him built up the way they did. They'd want to make certain he's the right guy to get behind before thrusting him into a main event programme. They've gauged crowd reactions and seen how he does on the main shows.

Bitch, please. As the yoof might say.

I'm sorry, but this hasn't been some grand master plan. It's been a perfect storm of coincidence and luck. I'm all for giving the WWE credit when it's deserved, but they've just ridden a wave.

A few months ago Ryback was a gurning schlub who marched like a prick and occasionally got pink eye and had no hope of getting anywhere because the fans didn't care and the WWE seemed to care even less. They started letting Curt fuckin' Hawkins get offence on him and let Jinder Mahal look his equal,

Then, all of a sudden two things happened.

One, Cena got hurt at a time when they've got fuck all stars.

Second, the fans started to tickle a cock the WWE had all-but-forgotten they had and they decided they had nothing to lose and just whipped it out in the hope of a quick blowjob.

Another bad idea (mostly what others have said but nonetheless)on how WWE could get out of this:

I'd have the HIAC match go back and forth utilising the cell and also have Punk trying to evade Ryback. Then when it looks like Ryback has the upper hand, Heyman gets involved causing a distraction for Punk to escape. They lock Ryback inside the cell, he then breaks free chasing Punk and Heyman up the stage when Lesnars music hits and these two have a stare down as the PPV goes off the air.

The match would end in a no finish however, I think people just want Ryback to beat Punk up not win the title (like Cena said). Which he would accomplish, Punk is scared of Ryback as to why he is trying to escape. Ryback still looks strong, Punk keeps the title. Win, win. No?

Then on Raw you can have Heyman telling Punk that Lesnar was just an insurance cover etc. Ryback says he enjoyed beating up Punk last night but now he wants a rematch, Heyman says he can't as he's got a restraining order on Ryback so he can't face Punk one on one. Keep Ryback demolishing people on Raw, teasing with Lesnar interfering. Punk messes with Cena saying he was gonna pick him at HIAC anyways.

Have a tag match at Survivor series Punk/Lesnar Vs Cena/Ryback, have Ryback pin Punk. He then wants a his rematch Vs Punk.... first he has to get through Lesnar.. at TLC. He does this despite interference from Heyman and Punk. Punk is still scared of Ryback has a match Vs Cena. Ryback still looks invincible. You could if you want get HHH involved with Lesnar at some point(if there's talk of this)

So he challenges Punk at the Rumble, Heyman says he then can't have his match at the Rumble because the match vs The Rock is booked and contractual obligations blah blah more heat on Punk... have a match Vs Lesnar to enter Rumble or just enters and wins the Rumble. Setting up a Punk Vs Ryback at Mania. Bums on seats???

A bit brief but that's what I'd like to see. You can set up two possible Mania matches here and somehow a Rock/Cena match too somehow. I'm just a little tired to think about that tho. Unless you have Cena knock down on Rock about losing his Title match at Rumble?

Muppets on here claimed Ryback was fucked and would've been sacked by christmas cause he sold for Jinder Mahal and it ruined his character and aura and were wrong.

If he wins the people that want him too will probably get bored of him (and more of him) as Champion within a few weeks cause hes not being booked how they want much like Punk last year between MITB and Slam.

Punk has built up a long reign good, bad or ugly doesnt matter its still 300 odd days and its now part of the story and gives him bragging rights and more heat now and for when he loses it, Cena will probably be wrestling again early Nov or whenever so plans dont have to change greatly.

Ryback isnt gonna fizzle out if he loses despite what some think a short pointless reign could just be as bad for him, it may be right place wrong time he's not the first and wont be the last.

• Paid Members
Muppets on here claimed Ryback was fucked and would've been sacked by christmas cause he sold for Jinder Mahal and it ruined his character and aura and were wrong.

Nobody said that you dope. They said "that's not how you book someone who is supposed to be undefeated". That was during the time he was getting "Goldberg" chants and wasn't over right? And when did he get over? When he actually began working with real people and ploughing through them. He shouldn't have been selling for Jinder Mahal and Curt Hawkins. Everyone was correct about that. If they were wrong, he'd still be fucking about as if he were Roadblock on an episode of Worldwide. But he isn't, because he works long matches on the road with real stars and destroys people on TV. Like they always should have done.

Ryback isnt gonna fizzle out if he loses despite what some think a short pointless reign could just be as bad for him, it may be right place wrong time he's not the first and wont be the last.

Nobody said he's going to "fizzle out" either. But he's going to lose the only thing that he has going for him and that's his undefeated streak. Which would be a massive dent in his act and will force them to try and paper over the cracks in a red hot act.

Actually read the thread instead of going on your usual "I'll just forget that bit" style rants. You were the first one to go "oh, they didn't let CM Punk kick out of a second pedigree :(" and all that bollocks.

• Paid Members

All that would be achieved by Ryback winning at HIAC is retaining his undefeated streak but then that would have to go in a few weeks time anyway and probably to Punk, to set up the title match with The Rock at the Rumble . They put the belt on him for a few weeks, his flaws (not the best at working longer matches and can't talk for shit) would be exposed and you risk making him another Jack Swagger type forgettable champion. Also, having him go over Punk at HIAC destroys the momentum Punk would have going in to the Rumble, imagine how good the promos could be with Punk claiming to have one of the longest title reigns ever yadayada.

I'm now more supportive of the idea of an interference from Lesnar as it would mean Ryback could keep his undefeated streak which I think he needs more than the belt, it would set up Ryback vs Lesnar at SS, have him go over and continue to look like unstoppable, he wins the Rumble and says he doesn't want a championship match, but instead wants to take Taker's streak. If he goes almost a year without losing he could look like a legitimate threat to Undertaker, it would be the match I'd like to see out of all fantasy booking that could be done.

Archived