The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

Very true. In photos it looks like the most exciting crazy best thing ever, then in reality it's just two fat blokes stabbing each other.

Danny Havoc, Drake Younger, Devon Moore, Scotty Vortekz, Nick Gage, Jon Moxley, JC Bailey, Sexxxy Eddie, Necro Butcher, Thumbtack Jack, Nick Mondo

• Paid Members
Damn.... He's like Uncle Benny from Lethal Weapon 4. Looks nothing like the bowler hat wearing/salt throwing Mr Fuji we all know.

Exactly what I was thinking, and he's totally been on the gas and air as well! As Woy said, just looks like an old Chinaman to me. He needs to work on a fu-manchu, though.

• Moderators

I made the death pool comment. It was pretty much made out of the same emotional reaction as you described - in my mind he still looked the same as he did back on TV years ago and it was just a bit of a shock to see him like that.

I really don't think the comments require Mr Coconut's expert over-analyisis.

• Moderators
The overall point that there is a wider range of looks and body types in the deathmatch scene than the stereotype suggests still stands though.

Basically anything but looking like a wrestler.

Now, come on. It really isn't over-analysis, is it? "He just looks like an old man". I'd say over analysis is deciding he looks ill or dying or something just because he looks like an old man.

Edited by PowerButchi

I made the death pool comment. It was pretty much made out of the same emotional reaction as you described - in my mind he still looked the same as he did back on TV years ago and it was just a bit of a shock to see him like that.

It was just a comment on a discussion forum. Like Butch said, over-analysis is something else.

• Paid Members
Mr. Fuji's a 77 year old Hawaiian man, and that's how he looks, that's all. He'll be going for years yet.

Fixed, as they say.

Well if you're going to be pedantic, he was born in Hawaii, but he's actually Japanese-American. He's got Jap genetics.

• Moderators
In the same vein as the "Where's Randy Savage?" meme, the folks at the PWO forum have started a thread where a certain wrestler is shown to have a Forrest Gump style record of being present at historic moments. Some examples:

decofindependence_zpse4575925.jpg

skyscraper_zps6a07785a.jpg

TITANIC.jpg

Jerry Von Kramer aside, I love PWO.

Giant Haystacks. I guess the last one is one of the final pictures of him.

martin6.JPEG

Cor, safe bet. Never seen this before.

I bought the News of the World to read the interview that accompanied these pics. I expect that it will be of little surprise that Haystacks was dead weeks/no more than a couple of months later.