The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

• Paid Members

They're still teaming up in Chikara. It's great! Aside from the fact that watching Jannetty throwing dropkicks is a bit skin-crawly when you know how fucked his ankles are.

• Paid Members
It makes sense in that I get why it's a draw... but it's funny in that it's not like anyone would recognise him anyway. Like, the mask would come off and it was Brian May leading a secret double life or something.

If that recent BBC documentary is to be believed, at the time there was a fair bit of speculation around Britain's TV's on a Saturday afternoon that the reason Nagasaki wore the mask was that he was a prominent figure in another field who didn't want his wrestling secret getting out, possibly even a minor member of the Royal Family...

• Paid Members
It makes sense in that I get why it's a draw... but it's funny in that it's not like anyone would recognise him anyway. Like, the mask would come off and it was Brian May leading a secret double life or something.

If that recent BBC documentary is to be believed, at the time there was a fair bit of speculation around Britain's TV's on a Saturday afternoon that the reason Nagasaki wore the mask was that he was a prominent figure in another field who didn't want his wrestling secret getting out, possibly even a minor member of the Royal Family...

I've heard Sir Peter Blake perpetuate this a few times, but never anyone else. Was this an actual rumour in the press at the time time or just someone buying into an announcer's kayfabe?