The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

I bet Dixon had some wrestling turtles in the 90s for All Star.

He did. He had Power Rangers as well. Sold knock off Power Rangers at the table as well, to all the kids. All Star wrestling was a car boot sale first and wrestling promotion second.

Sounds like something Brian Potter would do in Phoenix Nights. They should have had that as one of the episodes, Brian trying to run a wrestling night at the Phoenix, getting in a knock-off Hulk Hogan and all that.

He did. He had Power Rangers as well. Sold knock off Power Rangers at the table as well, to all the kids. All Star wrestling was a car boot sale first and wrestling promotion second.

The first wrestling show I ever went to was an Orig Wlliams show at Rhyl Coliseum in what must have been 1997 and featured the Wrestling Power Ranger in the pre intermission match, who then sat at a table after it in the middle of the ring and flogged autographs & Polaroids for about a fiver

• Paid Members

I remember watch the black power ranger beat some tattooed muscle head at Butlins as a child.

I wasn't too pleased with the finish as I only pretended to like the power rangers to fit in and the other guy was much cooler to me. I don't think I went in for a photo with him who ever was donning the unflattering black spandex that night.

I wasn't big into wrestling then, I think I just went to anything anyone asked me about to be polite.

i used to be a power ranger for dixon... yay good times

Edited by 4GWUK

Barry Hardy & Duane Gill were two of a handful of jobbers who used to be on Superstars, Prime Time, & Challenge every other week when I started watching in 1991. They teamed together regularly with bleach blonde mullets and crappy moustaches.

I always get a kick out of seeing them, Louie Spicolli, Iron Mike Sharpe, Jim Powers and others around that time on old footage and/or photos.

Fucking hell, more Andre to this thread, STAT.

Your wish is my command.

tumblr_o7g5wni8RB1vufbgdo1_1280.jpg

To help the old beast lumber around the set, he was given an ATV for Princess Bride. Cary Elwes said it was the only one in England they could find!

Elwes wrote a good book about the making of that movie with lots of good Andre stories like that.

Only once, after weeks asking Elwes asking, did Andre let him have a go on the quad bike and within 10 minutes he had fallen off and broke his ankle.

Fearing the director would fire him and get him replaced rather than hold up production until the ankle healed, Elwes no-sold the injury and hobbled around acting like it wasn't too serious.

This is most obvious in the scene where he & Buttercup argue at the top of a hill before they both end up rolling down it.

I like the Princess Bride. Deal with it.

Edited by dopper

• Paid Members

Barry Hardy & Duane Gill were two of a handful of jobbers who used to be on Superstars, Prime Time, & Challenge every other week when I started watching in 1991. They teamed together regularly with bleach blonde mullets and crappy moustaches.

Duane Gill then started doing jobs for WCW, leading to Vince's brilliant surprise wrestler troll job at Survivor Series 98, when people were expecting Randy Savage or someone to walk out.

Didn't Brookside say he used to be a Ranger too in "The Wrestling"

Didn't Brookside say he used to be a Ranger too in "The Wrestling"

Edited by Sheffbag