Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Just watched Jeff Cobb vs Chris Hero from the latest PWG show, Cobb is Matanza in Lucha Underground, it's the first time I have seen him as himself, no mask and boiler suit, this guy is fucking brilliant, unbelievable freak strength and power. One of the better matches I have seen this year so far, definitely worth going out of your way to see.

The Bayley chants are the only ones that actually made me want to hit mute.

There was also that one point where the idiots would jump about like bellends during the chants. Thankfully that routine died a quick death.

Ah yes, that spontaneous moment that you could see them planning out as they're slap bang in the middle of the hard cam.

Honestly, I don't hate fans. Just the ones who seem to want to be the centre of attention

Just watched Jeff Cobb vs Chris Hero from the latest PWG show, Cobb is Matanza in Lucha Underground, it's the first time I have seen him as himself, no mask and boiler suit, this guy is fucking brilliant, unbelievable freak strength and power. One of the better matches I have seen this year so far, definitely worth going out of your way to see.

When Cobb starts chucking Hero about with those rolling gutwrenches was great. I also liked Excaliber explaining how there wasn't much exposure for him wrestling in Hawaii so he came over. Be very interested to see who he's paired with at BOLA.

I think some people use the expression "jumping the shark" without knowing what it means.

Yesterday in the NXT topic, somebody wrote "That Bayley superfan has jumped the shark and needs to fuck off".

Then today in the RAW topic somebody else said the POV shot of Owens getting a pie in the face was a "shark-jumping moment".

It's not as annoying as when Michael Cole uses the word "literally" wrong, but still noteworthy.

• Paid Members

When Vince McMahon would say someone was "one of the all-time greats" it would really add a level of aura. I miss that.

JR used to say it to similar effect. I used to think it was my young mind being overly impressed but if I hear it even now from Vinny Mac, it means something.

WCW between 91-95 let, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Steve Austin, Mick Foley, The Steiners, Dustin Rhodes and Flair leave to the WWF. Thats nuts! Saying that, WWF let Savage, Hogan, Okerlund, Heenan, Luger and Bulldog go!

What a trade off.

Wrestlers are fooked nowadays arent they.

• Paid Members

Back in the day, especial 92 to mid 2000, the wresters ruled the roost. They could play the game for what they wanted if they were good enough, had a name worth selling and the balls to play the game.

Edit:

That story of big kev and Hall getting a pay rise because of a rumour in the observer newsletter about kane and bognor say's it all

Edited by Tommy!